Found a nice moggie...Buying advice please!

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chanelle
MMOC Member: No

Found a nice moggie...Buying advice please!

Post by Chanelle »

Hi there,
finally came across a moggie of interest, again since its my first one, I wanted to see what you all thought in terms of if its a good buy or not. Its an ok condition 1956 split screen. for around £1800. Tears on the ceiling lining, 948cc engine, worn leather seats, looks ok with only minimal bubbling in expected spots, paintwork is good, and the breaks aparently new. It's got its MOT as well.

Advice would be greatly appreciated! I am going to check it out this weekend, so any tips you've got, hit me with them :)
Thanks!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Use the guide on here as a starting point.
http://www.morrisminoroc.co.uk/index.php?page=310
For some reason the series 11 cars are the least desirable price wise and I would expect it to be a really good one for that sort of money with a recent MOT.
Dont get over excited and buy it in the heat of the moment as many of us on here have done at one time or another and make sure you check out the underside fully and take lots of pictures of all areas including the engine bay and then post them up here for some further opinions.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Eric - 1971 Traveller
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Pretty looking car - 4 door series 2's are amongst my favourites. If its solid body, floor and chassis wise then I'd go for it. Mechanicals are cheap and easy but not so with bodywork.
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Don't expect to be able to sell that number plate - I doubt it will be transferrable. Looks smart enough - but more pictures including the other side/under bonnet/ under carpets and in the boot would be good! I would say it's slightly 'pricey' - but in these Credit Crunch times - I'm sure you could get a 'Deal' at about £1500 if you wave used Fivers at the seller!
ImageImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

And prety much all 3 letter & number plates get valued at £500.... But I'm sure that was not the intention anyhow.

Chanelle

Post by Chanelle »

Thanks all! Advice greatly appreciated and will keep it in mind for next time. That was the car, though, it seems to have been sold the second the link got posted here! Fingers crossed for next time :)
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Chanelle wrote:That was the car, though, it seems to have been sold the second the link got posted here!
Own up then... who bought it :roll: :P
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php