Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
aupickup
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by aupickup »

take rad out and flush
take the fan blades off or you may be able to get to the water pump bolts without
note there are 2 different sizes for the waterpump

put new hose on and put rad back

job done
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Cheers for that. I will try and do that this week as there is a big car event next weekend (Enfield Pageant) and I should be able to pick up all of the required bits there. Will the Club be represented? It'd be nice to pop over and say Hi.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The North London & Middlesex branch usually have a few cars on display and I'll be visiting it at some point over the weekend. Always loads of autojumble stalls although there was a distinct shortage of Minor parts there last year :( Best to get there early as there are always long queues to get in.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Ah, but this year is mini focus for the Pageant. So I'm hoping that there will be an enormous amount of mini stuff, which hopefully will include water pump gaskets and straight by-pass hoses :lol: :lol: Plus I ususally get loads of stainless fasteners, etc, etc.

Oh please let the rain hold off this year.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Just cut an appropraite length of 1/2" heater hose for the bypass hose!
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Doh! That makes sense. I appear to have several cars worth of 'by-pass' hose in the boot of the Triumph. Oh well, that's a couple of quid saved.
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Right. A bit of news from the DVLA.......

It's a 'sorry but due to the data protection act we can't tell you anything' letter. At least they sent my cheque back. Shame I'm not a cowboy clamping firm. Oh well, the V62 went in last week. Will see what happens then. Fingers crossed.

Have cleaned up the small scabby bits on the drivers side. All rustproofed and primered. Much better. Made me feel better anyway.
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Nothing major to report. Have spent more time cleaning up the upholstery to good effect. Have taken out the old and very unhgappy drivers side 1/4 light. The replacement will be going in soon.

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in with bits and pieces. A big 'Thank You' list will be posted if and when everything is sorted out.

Cheers.

Ken
benw
Minor Friendly

Post by benw »

Good luck with the V62, Ken - sounds like you'll have a smashing Minor if it all works out ok

When I was a kid, I dreamed of rescuing an untaxed grey Traveller round the corner from me (wonder if WMR 394 still exists?). Never did though, so good for you for saving yours!
[sig]1740[/sig]
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

When I was a kid, I dreamed of rescuing an untaxed grey Traveller round the corner from me (wonder if WMR 394 still exists?). Never did though, so good for you for saving yours!
Me too! Only mine was 247 JWC. I remember having a look underneath and noticing that it only needed a small amount of welding on the O/S sill. A DVLA check says it was last on the road in 1985 which was when I saw it. Another one lost...

purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Cheers guys. It's a long process, not helped by the slug-like DVLA. I will just keep plodding on.

I do urge other people who come across similar situations to try the same thing. You never know.

Fitted the replacement 1/4 light yesterday. Nice and easy. All the fastener threads copaslipped as well :wink:
Gareth
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Gareth »

Just caught up with this thread - so exciting!!

Please keep us updated when (if?) the DVLA ever get themselves sorted out... :lol:
Happy Minoring!

Phyllis ~ 1962 Morris Minor 4 Door Deluxe
Black coachwork with Red Duo-Tone Upholstery
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Still no DVLA news yet. Have spent time cleaning up the seats with a mix of Autogroom and Autoglym Upholstery cleaner. The seats and other vinyl bits are responding well. The carpet seems original, but has worn in places, namely the front footwells. The material is a sort of fuzzy stuff, quite short'ish pile. Does anyone do an accurate replacement? Not really necessary to do a re-carpet session. There is a 1 1/2" tear in the vinyl on the front seat squab (right at the front). I may get this repaired in time. The front kick panels are cream crackered. Might just make some and recover in vinyl.

Headlining is good, no tears. I will take some piccies at the weekend.
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

If it is the original carpet it is no longer made. Bullmotif do a very good replacement set for about £80 (including underlay) but it is not identicle to the original.
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Hi Rich, I think I'll take the piccies and post em on here. That way someone should be able to tell me pretty sharpish if they are original or aftermarket.

C'mon DVLA!!!!!
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

Take advantage of the good weather and try this on the carpets: Use Vanish on the tough stains then soak the carpet overnight (in the bath if you're allowed 8) ) in carpet cleaner or washing powder. Next morning take a window de-icer tool and scrub the carpets front to back and side to side. You'll be amazed how much comes out from deep in the pile. Rinse with a hose (you can also use the de-icer tool to get most of the water out).
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Post by 8009STEVE »

Peetee, You will be trying to get the scooter in the dishwaser nex :D t.
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

Ah no. The dishwasher is far more important than the bath. :lol:
To be fair, the carpets left no more of a tide line round the bath than my 9 year old. :o
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Hmm, someones ears at the DVLA must have been burning 'cos the V5C plopped onto the mat this morning. I am the new registered keeper!! 8)

Alas, it proved me with the previous RK name and address. What do I do now.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Is it like lost property - do you have to wait a certain amount of time before it legally becomes yours?

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512