another insurance query! (girls! .. and boys too.)

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: another insurance query! (girls! .. and boys too.)

Post by Blaketon »

I have a copy of last weeks (21 April) Classic Car Weekly and it has a big feature on insurance, including insurance for young drivers. When I’ve finished reading it I can mail it on if required.

I noticed the bit about main drivers etc. I’m not going to get into the victimless crime debate but anyone who wrongly names someone else as the named driver, for whatever reason, is invalidating their insurance and therefore driving without insurance (A crime in itself). This leaves them wide open to having to claims for any damage they are deemed to have caused. It's far safer to suffer the initial high premium, which if you don't make any claims, will soon come down (There are some classic policies which don't do formal no claims bonuses).
lottieisdamned
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by lottieisdamned »

im 23 and female and paid £257 for this year, im not sure if thats average with footman james as ive only been driving since december, im happy with it though
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

just renewned mine 2 days ago all mods as well fully comp 900 quid gone down by £20 from last year, not up to 1200 like the said last month !!!!!! :D
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
lynda
Minor Fan

Post by lynda »

I have 2 cars on 1 policy with FJ, paying £180 per year fully comp with business use and unlimited mileage. My cheapest ever policy was with RH ( £57ish for one saloon) but they insisted on garaged cars, and FJ were the only ones I found that'd do business on a classic policy.
marcusthemoose
Minor Fan

Post by marcusthemoose »

spoke to FJ at stonleigh park kit show on sunday, and it was a bit c*ap. they apparently WON'T do provisional for me, even though i told them i was in the club, and had my membership card on me! anyone who has the current issue of matters knows why i am surprised. the quote has gone up £20 since i last phoned them 2 months ago. is this common- i thought it would fluctiate by a few quid. fully comp is £851.55 with £500 xs and tpft is 537.60. its an extra £50 quid to add my mum on either policy. milage is ltd to 4500miles
perhaps a call on the dedicated number will prove more successful- is this a special department?