Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
james.ed
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Door Drain Holes

Post by james.ed »

Hi all,

Just checked my drain holes on the door undersides. I expected there to be whooping great holes which i could poke with a screwdriver to make sure everything's clear. Instead I've got three 1cm diameter holes.. but two of them seem to have metal plating across on the inside, effectively blanking the opening off. Is this correct.. should i get my drill out and make some proper holes?! thank goodness the insides are covered in wax!

Thanks
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Door Drain Holes

Post by simmitc »

That sounds about right. The blanking plate is all part of the door construction, but does not really seal the holes - it should appear to be at a slight angle and not actually touching the hole. The standard holes are not round, they are elongated, so yours may be a modified door bottom. in which case, there is no guarantee as to how it has been repaired.
james.ed
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Door Drain Holes

Post by james.ed »

i'll check them out later.. i'm sure if water wasn't escaping i'd have noticed by now but i was concerned that the holes apeared blanked. also found the corner is going alittle rusty so perhaps i need to make the passage of water out easier.

thanks for the help