Insurance

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Janker
MMOC Member: No

Insurance

Post by Janker »

Today I started the ball rolling a little bit - I decided to ring around to see roughly what to expect my insurance to be when I get my Minor (HOPEFULLY start looking late August time! Can't wait!)

I rung around a couple (FJ, Lancaster and a couple of others that turned out couldn't insure me) and got rough quotes from them, I was just wondering and I imagine it's been asked many times before this, are there any other good companies to look at? (Bearing in mind that I'm under 25 and will be using it as my day to day car, so the 5-6k MPY policies are a no go!)

So far Lancaster was the best, at roughly £325 Fully Comp with "Unlimited" milage!

Thanks in advance,

Jon
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: Insurance

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

have you joined up with the young members register.. they should be in a good position to help advise on insurance companies to approach.
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

£325 fully comp sounds a bargain! Bite their hand off at that.
___Anne___

Janker

Post by Janker »

Yeah I'm hopefully / supposedly on the register, and I'm on the FB group! The quote from Lancaster I am more than happy with, but I thought I may as well poke around for more, never know your luck!

J
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Try RH Classic Insurance - but they may want you to have access to another daily car.......
ImageImage
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Post by 8009STEVE »

but they may want you to have access to another daily car.......

So not a lot of point then.
hanvyj
Minor Fan

Post by hanvyj »

I also got a very cheap quote from Lancaster, looking at the few online reviews the company has is a little worrying though... That said, people generally only write reviews about these things when they wrong.
Dominic
Minor Addict

Post by Dominic »

Well worth trying RH Insurance. I explained to them that although we do have another car (well 2 others until I sell the Peugeot!) the Morris will be the main car. Unlimited mileage, kept on driveway rather than garaged, fully comprehensive - £50 excess - all for the grand sum of £50.87 per annum! OK---------- I am now well into Saga territory agewise, but the premium is still only about 35% of FJ's quote.
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Did you tell FJ you are part of the Owners Club? Its part of the arrangment with the club that they insure younger drivers....

Janker

Post by Janker »

d_harris wrote:Did you tell FJ you are part of the Owners Club? Its part of the arrangment with the club that they insure younger drivers....
I did indeed :)