Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
8009STEVE
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Posting on this site

Post by 8009STEVE »

OK I give up.
Everytime I post on this site, I get slagged off by a certain other poster, so I have decided not to post anymore. I know that this will make a lot of people very happy but I might be missed by a few, hopefully.
If I do feel the need to post, then I will contact the original poster direct so as not to offend anybody.
Alec
Minor Legend

Re: Posting on this site

Post by Alec »

Hello Steve,

surely there is something wrong if you feel that you have been "slagged off" and that moderators normally do intervene in such occasions?
I think that differing views on a subject is healthy and to be encouraged but that personal comments directed at contributors should not be acceptable.
What are the moderators view on this?

Alec
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

It seems a shame to leave under such circumstances, surely by giving in you are just letting the other person win. Your knowledge and opinions will be sorely missed.
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Whilst it is common for people visiting internet forums to have differing views and opinions, personal insults are not acceptable here and if the moderators see such comments they will be removed. However it is not always possible to view every message posted here so if anyone feels that they have been subjected to unacceptable behaviour by another poster please bring this to the attention of the moderators.

Steve - please contact one of the moderators to identify the messages that you are unhappy with and the matter will be looked into.

Jon Rocke
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

please do not give up posting
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Stand your ground!

You have actual experience of doing Major Minor Mods which is invaluable.

Everyone has opinions, actual experience is what we need here.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

People who know a lot about modified minors are starting to get a bit thin on the ground on this forum, it would be a shame if another left. I met you briefly at the national and you seemed really friendly so if someone else has a chip on their shoulder that should be nothing against you :)
___Anne___

beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

8009STEVE wrote: I know that this will make a lot of people very happy but I might be missed by a few, hopefully.
No Steve, I think it will make a FEW feel guilty and you will be missed by a LOT of people. Don't give up!

charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

No Steve, I think it will make a FEW feel guilty and you will be missed by a LOT of people. Don't give up!
I wish.. but I do not think the responsible party will feel guilty because they do not care about the feelings of others..
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Have I missed something ?????
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

We must have !
ImageImage
mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

Well I like you posts! :D Go on leep them coming
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

I've traced many of his posts and not come across any problems, but maybe I've missed the offending ones.
beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

Well I found one where someone slated Steve's traveller, but it's not up to me to name and shame.

Plin
Minor Fan

Post by Plin »

Steve, please do not give up. It is certainly not nice to feel you have been 'slagged off' but there are many of us who do not contribute who like reading your posts.
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

You mustn't give in to that sort of thing! I'd like to express my solidarity for Steve, and add that whoever is messing with our civility needs to have his head examined by qualified zombies. Come back Steve! :wink: I never had any reason at all to despise you -- I can't imagine anyone doing so -- and I've always thought your stretch Trav was innovative and very sharp!
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

beero wrote:Well I found one where someone slated Steve's traveller, but it's not up to me to name and shame.
Oh go on!! :D
beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

les wrote:
beero wrote:Well I found one where someone slated Steve's traveller, but it's not up to me to name and shame.
Oh go on!! :D
I have since been assured that the post I saw is nothing to do with it. Sorry Les

millerman
Minor Addict

Post by millerman »

I suppose at the end of the day 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen' so maybe Steve has made the right decision
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

But Millerman -- the question we must ask ourselves is, is this a hot kitchen or a cool and cozy living room? :lol: I've found this messageboard to be an invaluable tool but also a friendly band of like-minded enthusiasts...I want that to continue.
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.