Sloppy pedals.

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
hdavy
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Sloppy pedals.

Post by hdavy »

My MM pedals are now really sloppy on the cross shaft. What do I have to do to fix this? Where can I get new shaft or at least bushes? I know that the arrangement is different on the 1000's. Can one adapt to that?
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: Sloppy pedals.

Post by mike.perry »

There is a pinch bolt on the clutch pedal. If you can remove that then you should be able to slide the pedals off the shaft, pulling the shaft out off the chassis and replace the bushes.
[sig]3580[/sig]
Mog-nuts
Minor Addict

Post by Mog-nuts »

I found with my trav that all the wear was in the clutch pedal shaft itself,and not the bushes.

Better to replace the shaft as well as the bushes,not forgetting the brake pedal bush.
hdavy
Minor Fan

Post by hdavy »

Thanks Mike and Mog. Where do I buy the bits? Added complication is that looking at parts bible I can see that what I have is LH drive clutch pedal even though car is RHD. This is because the car was originally exported to Belgium and converted to RHD on return to UK. Can also see that the shaft grows out of the pedal. Does this make any difference?
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

I am guessing that once you have dimantled the clutch and brake pedal assembly then you can slide the shaft out of the chassis leg and replace the bushes in the cchassis leg and any in the pedals. They may be the same size as M1000.
Try the usual parts suppliers
[sig]3580[/sig]