Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire/Mancs

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Anybody attending this rally which is apparently the 2012 Northern Regional. There'll be lots of other cars there besides Minors.

I haven't seen much info on it so I'm going to phone the organiser and see what the plan is.

Hope to be there if I have sorted my mechanical maladies.
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

Re: Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire/Mancs

Post by LouiseM »

It's on the 27th May - info and a booking form available on the Manchester branch website: http://www.manchester.mmoc.org.uk/page34.html

Eric - 1971 Traveller
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

This is the first rally I attended, and really enjoyed it, loads of Minors there, I think the most numerous of cars there. Plently of 50s american classics, Austins, motorbikes, and cars I have never heard of before!

As I have a split screen, (of which there wasn't many there), I decided to show it but left with nothing :( The winner in the 50-59 catagory was an Austin I think, not sure, and the runner up this gorgeous jag which I think should have come first personally, not including myself!

Apparently, despite by beloved Audrey being more or less immaculate, largely untouched since 1955, and myself only being the second person outside of this one family that had in from new, it had a new front wing which meant it wasnt entirely 'untouched'.

Being untouched was something I think the judges were measuring on the day, despite the winner having had an enitre respray, which my car had never had.

It all boils down to what the judges are looking for on the day, and also the car's competition.

Something I love though about Minors is their ability to stand their ground, they still look good next to the much more rarer and expensive competition, such as this Jag.

A brilliant day, with brilliant weather, my first rally, and certaintly not to be my last!
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Hi. I found that in the seven years of owning my Morris. I have attended meetings, Rallies, classic car events almost every weekend through out the Spring - Autumn Time (March - November). I don't enter to win anything. But I have been awarded a few prizes for Best car ect. and when they announce that your a winner it's like winning the lottery. So keep going to these events and rallies and enjoy the day.
Raymond.

moggylowlight
Minor Friendly

Post by moggylowlight »

I was told only the pre booked cars could be judged for a prize even though you had paid £5 on the day, counting the rally entries pre booked list only three series 11 were being judged. :roll:

Sidevalve upper limits
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

moggylowlight wrote:I was told only the pre booked cars could be judged for a prize even though you had paid £5 on the day, counting the rally entries pre booked list only three series 11 were being judged. :roll:
??? I'm not too sure. I just asked one of the judges on the day, and he said if you want to enter, just bring the car when the catagory is announced. I wasn't told about only those that pre paid could enter? Maybe thats why I didnt win! lol :D
moggylowlight
Minor Friendly

Post by moggylowlight »

Never mind I would have voted for you....it was a good day for driving in the peak district, thanks to the potteries mmoc for taking the pictures take a look :o :wink:

Sidevalve upper limits