Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PhilR
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris Minor needed for a Television Show

Post by PhilR »

drivewasher wrote:For goodness sake!
Has anyone thought they rang because they have seen the slating they are getting in this post, obviously trying to regain some credability.
Too late I fear
I didn't come down with the last shower of rain and believe it or not I do realise why they called me today but I felt the right thing to do was to acknowledge this and at least give them the credit for calling. I also felt it right to to let the other people who they had contacted what had happened.
As a far as I am concerned, they have found an alternative car and I am looking forward to seeing the programme. If you don't like the programme then there is always the "Off" button I guess.
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

PhilR wrote:Yep, Matt phoned me too and apologised. Credit to him for doing this and in fairness I told him I would post an update saying he had called me to explain the difficulties they had with filming schedules.
I understand that they have found an alternative car to film with so will look forward to seeing the programme when its aired.
"...the difficulties they had with filming schedules."

The 'difficulties' they state are actually a normal part of their job for which they are paid. So what the above really means is, 'I am not competent enough to do my job' or 'I don't really value you and your time'.

In any case I think the Young Minor Owners did all the real work on the car at the Classic Car Show :)
littleblackflash
Minor Fan

Post by littleblackflash »

I'm sorry to see some of you had problems with Attaboy TV. I noticed the request on a Facebook link on Saturday evening and I sent Ollie a text. After a call on Monday I agreed to take my car to their filming yesterday. One think they look for is a car in a contast colour to the one they are rebuilding, so the viewers don't think it's the same one.

We started about 8h30 shooting my Trav and another car (They requested I didn't say). After intial filming of small close up driving shots of the front wheel turning etc, they set my car up for some static shots. The crew took real care cleaning the car and setting it up at the correct angle for the light, which wasn't easy.

I must admit that the 3hrs of photos and static shot was a little excessive for a 3minute clip but the results I saw were really amazing. After lunch we filmed the car using a tracking vehicle in front, which look really good, I can't wait to see the final cut.

The crew on the day took a lot of care of my car and me, acting in a professional manor all day. They all worked well as a team and put a lot of thought into what they were doing. They never thrashed mine or the other car around the location, they were more concered with getting the correct shots than racing cars. I would be quite happy to let them take other cars in my garage for the next series.

The sun went down about 4pm so they had to stop. I think if it was sunny until 7pm, they would of continued. After a round trip of 340miles of driving, my Trav didn't miss a beat, althought a warmer heater would of made the drive better.
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

I hope they paid you £100 per day plus expenses. That is the standard fee for TV/ film work for classic cars.
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage
drivewasher
Minor Addict

Post by drivewasher »

On the 25th Nov as posted by leafie Mike Brewer & Ed told him filming was done the week before.

Did Attaboy tv make the film "Liar-Liar" I think that sums it up

theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

So they had yet another Minor owner on standby then! And when they contacted littleblackflash on Monday they were still getting back to me! I think drivewasher sums it up perfectly, they have definitely made arrangements with several of us without having decided which they were going to use and been extremely economical with the truth. The experience has definitely soured me on making my car available to companies like this and I won't be putting it forward again to a bunch of flyboys hoping that starstruck owners will jump through hoops just in the hope of getting their car on tv. And considering that they also screwed jlh about too I'm thinking I might post on some other classic forums and warn owners to just not deal with them at all!
Utterly shabby company - hope sincerely that next time they look for a car they get told to naff off :evil:
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

There will always be someone wanting an ego trip. :D It works both ways.

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

I was asked by a film company to supply my car for a shoot - until I asked them if they had public liability insurance, just in case someone dropped a camera on my car. They decided that they did not need my car after all.
[sig]3580[/sig]
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Says it all really, some of them will just use people.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
faversham999
Minor Fan

Post by faversham999 »

Its only cheap TV. A way for Edd China to earn a Living .

leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

Anybody looking for a Traveller and ready to be messed about? :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1966-MORRIS-M ... 1334392%26
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

leafie wrote:Anybody looking for a Traveller and ready to be messed about? :D

I've sent them a question pointing out the dire standards of their previous work. Wonder if they'll publish it in the auction? :o
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
twincamman
Minor Fan

Post by twincamman »

theminorsite wrote:
leafie wrote:Anybody looking for a Traveller and ready to be messed about? :D

I've sent them a question pointing out the dire standards of their previous work. Wonder if they'll publish it in the auction? :o
Funnily enough, they didn't............