New advertisement feature ?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JPX877J
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: New advertisement feature ?

Post by JPX877J »

Just googled Coupon printer for Windows and it seems it may be infected, can anyone confirm this?
This may NOT be what is causing you the issues but sounds dodgy.
I have very few programs on my laptop to keep it running fast :D

FYI I run Windows 8 Pro on my laptop and Avast antivirus and the dodgiest thing I do is download from The Pirate Bay
Trickydicky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Trickydicky »

This laptop I am using now I have had from new and is 3 years old running windows 7, As I have stated above I only use a full blown admin account if I need to install a new program which is very rarley as everything I need is installed, Day to Day I use a standard user account.
From the day I switched it on I installed and have ran Microsoft Security Essentials as my malware/antivirus program and it has not let me down, on any PC`s or laptops I build for others I install it and it never gives any problems.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - Dom et al - I ran Spybot and it found many 'keyword hi-jackers' - and it claims to have removed them. We shall see!!! Many many thanks all - this is the BEST forum on the internet. I will dump the 'coupon printer' - it was installed 18 months ago (goodness knows where from) and hopefully that will be 'it'. Just as a comparison - I have spent a week on the Renault forum trying to find where the fuse box is on a Clio MkIII (2007 model) - and I am no further forward. One helpful suggestion (from v few replies - despite boosting it back to the top many times) was to take the car to a Dealer..... I even bought a Haynes (I know - HBOL... :roll: ) and it doesn't tell me either... There appear to be 3 or 4 fuse boxes dotted about the car - the ones I have found so far do not include the LH dip beam fuse - the one we need to replace.... It blew when the bulb let go. We managed to fit a new bulb (with great difficult - HBOL tells me to remove the front bumper/undertray/inner wing liner/headlamp...we managed in situ. But still no sign of the damn fuse.... grrrrrrrrr.
ImageImage
Dominic
Minor Addict

Post by Dominic »

You're welcome Roy. Glad it seems to be sorted. You need to update and scan every month or so to prevent problems.
I have to agree with you, this is the best messageboard I have come across. I joined the Peugeot 205 board when I had my Garros - not only did it cost £10 p.a but it was abysmal. Mostly uncouth chavs with their go-faster striped GTis. (Snobbish ole git or what? - I've said it first! :D ) No answers to any technical queries whatsoever.
The MG Midget BBS seems pretty damn good too, can't answer for the MGB crowd though.
Good luck with finding the fuse, you'll probably need to employ the services of a pygmy gynaecologist to change a fuse, if it's as bad as the bulbs!
Dom
Owns: Skoda Citigo
1968 Morris Minor Convertible[sig]3739[/sig]
MartinLowe
Minor Friendly

Post by MartinLowe »

Always worth booting in safe mode and running spybot again, picks up some of the nasties that hide in running files.
Est ursus catholica?
Defecatein papa silvis?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - it's NOT fixed.... Just the same as before. :cry: They are 'Browse to save' adverts - various tips how to remove them on the internet - none of which have worked so far.... :cry: :cry:
ImageImage
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Try Malwarebytes;
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-A ... tag=button

The free one is fine, I found it better than Spybot.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
MartinLowe
Minor Friendly

Post by MartinLowe »

Start PC in safe mode with networking then start Spybot as administrator (right click and select run as admin).
select startup from the tools option and go through the different programs that run when the PC is started up, ideally you should have as few items as possible, if not sure what things are check the .exe file name on google, which should tell you whether it is required or not, disable if unsure, then you can re-enable later. Anything that is questionable mark as delete.
Run spybot check again to see if anything is still clinging on, and remove as required
Download CCLeaner (Freeware) and run the check and follow the recommended options for removing unwanted spyware entries
Then run the registry cleaner and follow the options for cleaning the registry
If unsure there is an option to save to a text file, save and send to me and I could let you know what is "good" or "bad"
I'm out for most of the day but back this evening
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
Est ursus catholica?
Defecatein papa silvis?
mrblue

Post by mrblue »

Hello all, Never ceases to amaze me about this club. There are subjects on here, not only about Moggies, but about everything.The thing is, someone in the club always has an answer. I'v been having similar problems with my pc. After reading the comments posted i tried down loading Spybot, what's Spybot then, i'v no idea but its worked. Thank you very much. I'v been running Moggies for years, my current one is a 63 2 door saloon named Maurice,sorry about that. Had him 4 years but it took me 2 years & a wad to get him roadworthy again. He's ok now. Decided to join the club a couple of weeks ago, i thought it was about time. Well done every one.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well -I'm still plagued with these adverts - the thing is they are not a 'virus' - they are 'add-ons' and I am blowed if i can shift them, 'Browse to save' Adverts in the main... So anyone with an idea - I will be very gald to hear it! I tried moving to Firefox - the adverts moved with me.........grrrrr.
ImageImage
JPX877J
Minor Fan

Post by JPX877J »

bmcecosse wrote:Well -I'm still plagued with these adverts - the thing is they are not a 'virus' - they are 'add-ons' and I am blowed if i can shift them, 'Browse to save' Adverts in the main... So anyone with an idea - I will be very gald to hear it! I tried moving to Firefox - the adverts moved with me.........grrrrr.
Are you still running IE or now committed to Firefox?

Firefox: At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open. Simply remove/delete the crap!

Internet Explorer: Get a proper browser. Seriously. Firefox or Chrome will improve your browsing massively.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I use Opera and IE - and tried Firefox to no advantage. Was still plagued with the adverts and the 'highlighting' on all 3 browsers. However - I just uninstalled two ADOBE upgrades which were showing in mid march - and bingo! No more adverts or 'highlighting' after a restart.... just hope they STAY away!!
ImageImage
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

bmcecosse wrote:Many many thanks all - this is the BEST forum on the internet.
Quite prepared to be flamed for this... but I think its the 2nd best... Whats first you ask? The Ford Transit Forum! (yes... I have 2 smiley faced transits for fun, and I have drag raced them both)

Similar attitude to this one, no cliques, you would be able to ask where your clio fuse is BMC, and probably get the correct answer! The difference is that there arn't so many rules, and no-one is afriad to take (or give) the mickey. Good meets too!

I used to use the MG BBS (I have 2 sprites) but got bored of it...
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Also BMC... what browser do you use? I know firefox has an "add on" that picks up certain words (like ebay)
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
JPX877J
Minor Fan

Post by JPX877J »

Matt wrote:
bmcecosse wrote:Many many thanks all - this is the BEST forum on the internet.
Quite prepared to be flamed for this... but I think its the 2nd best... Whats first you ask? The Ford Transit Forum! (yes... I have 2 smiley faced transits for fun, and I have drag raced them both)
You see, I'd say TowersStreet. We have great meetups here and abroad and have quality members. This forum is a very close second.
MikeMoon01

Post by MikeMoon01 »

Hi, It's really nice to read your all comments here about the new feature of advertisement in forum. I also looking that there are many forums which allow the users to use a specific area for advertisement which good thing.