Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mbo145
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Want to be a TV Star this Friday

Post by mbo145 »

I honestly despair at the negativity some show on the message board! :evil:
This is not a feature film, or a documentary, which you should expect to be paid for, it is what it is and will certainly promote Morris Minor ownership to the general public as many 1000s of people watch The One Show! I am sure the MMOC committee are really pleased.
I took part in The Lord Mayor's show a few years ago, it was brilliant, and guess what, they didn't pay me a penny! I also go to many old car shows, Morris meetings and such, guess what, not a penny do they give me! It costs me time, petrol and also you have to pay entry!! So good luck to all of you who have gone up to the BBC, I am sure they will look after you and it will be lots of fun. My car was in a feature film over 20 years ago and thy paid for the car, my time and provided really good food, if I was nearer to London I would go like a shot! :D
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Ditto well said mickm.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Some people are money orientated, some are not. Seems to sum it up. :D

warb21
Minor Fan

Post by warb21 »

Looks like we should have a separate subgroup for BBC MM owners :wink:
mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

Well that was good! I am sure all those who took part enjoyed it, let's hope they post it on here or write a piece for Minor Matters
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!
margriff
Minor Fan

Post by margriff »

'ere 'ere!
Sir Hugo Reginald Von Bartesby - "Burble and Squeak"
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

warb21 wrote:Looks like we should have a separate subgroup for BBC MM owners :wink:

Are ex-BBC staff included? I worked there from 1984-2001
]
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

I thought that my car came out well at Nuffield Place. There was a lot of footage of my car which was not shown.
I'm off to watch the recording again
[sig]3580[/sig]
warb21
Minor Fan

Post by warb21 »

to answer two posts - yes to ex-BBC staff in this only-as-yet imagined group.

And I loved KOU at Nuffield. But I'm biased as my reg also starts KOU :-)
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The Club has received a thank you message from Hannah Booth as follows:
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all of the help with our search for Morris cars. We have received lots of interest from the club and have heard from many dedicated Morris enthusiasts who have contacted us to tell us more about their brilliant cars. We appreciate this! Please also pass on our thanks to anyone else who has passed on our message or posted online.
I missed the programme but hopefully it is on iplayer :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
PhilR
Minor Fan

Post by PhilR »

mickm wrote:I put this up so that some people could go along to promote their P&J. NOT WINGE about it!! I cant believe you lot, all you want to do is bloody moan about showing off. If you don't want to go DON'T I don't care if you live in Scotland and not watch the show. You wont get to London any way. So let others go and enjoy themselves!!
Couldn't agree more! Anything that promotes our club and the Minor/classic cars in general for free is fine by me as believe it or not is helps promote our hobby and maybe get more people involved; even the younger generation who are the future of our club. and keeping our fantastic little cars on the road. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't get a fee for the pleasure of taking part in something like this. As someone else quite rightly pointed out, we don't demand a fee for taking our cars to shows so why this? I don't get the negative attitude towards anything TV related by people on here when surely owners and the club should be taking full advantage of opportunities like this. Rant over.
mickm
Minor Friendly

Post by mickm »

Thank you Phill R

MrDodo
Minor Friendly

Post by MrDodo »

Yes it's available on iPlayer now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... w-11042014 after the pre-credit opening sequence you can skip to about 20min30s to see the feature on Lord Nuffield and the Minors. Dodo missed out on her 15 seconds of fame, as although I spoke with the researcher on Wed I (and a few other YMMOC members) got an email saying that they'd run out of parking space.
I also used to work at Television Centre - in the late 90s on beeb.com!
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Just watched it on Iplayer as I forgot about it! Very good, any promotion of the minor is a good thing :D

Too many Minors so little time.....
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

warb21 wrote:to answer two posts - yes to ex-BBC staff in this only-as-yet imagined group.

And I loved KOU at Nuffield. But I'm biased as my reg also starts KOU :-)
What is the rest of the reg. Was it supplied by W.W.Webers of Basingstoke?
Or is it a modern car?
[sig]3580[/sig]
warb21
Minor Fan

Post by warb21 »

PM sent re KOU
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

This was my KOU.Sold it a few years ago.[frame]Image[/frame]
LobbyLudd
Minor Fan

Post by LobbyLudd »

Doubt if the vast majority of club members would expect any formal payment to appear on this type of 'magazine' programme in order to enjoy the opportunity show off their pride and joy moggies. It can only increase the already popular status and inform any of those who do not fully appreciate the unique' Morris' legacy that the life of this wonderful man Lord Nuffield has left us with . (It seems some eager to criticise so quickly may possibly have not acknowledged or realised that particular interesting bit re this particular show)

I think the actual pre- recorded VT film piece by their guest reporter at Nuffield Place (presented by Arthur 'Watshisname') was made to be interesting and put together very well.

Have in the past been contracted to work for the BBC involved with staging/designing certain promotional events to sell programmes to other TV companies abroad, and for that type of work expected and received what I considered a reasonable going rate, also personally found that they were a considerate bunch of people to work for at the time.
'69 4 door saloon, traf: blue.

'LIFE'- is what happens when you are busy planning other things. John Lennon