F 1 on TV ?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

F 1 on TV ?

Post by bmcecosse »

I refused to be held to ransom by SKY..... So now I can either just watch 'highlights' of half the races on BBC, while trying desperately to avoid hearing the result.... Or - has anyone found a way to watch the races live on a laptop - without a SKY account.... ? I don't care about the commentary - can always listen to the wireless for that, or better still - just make my own commentary by shouting at the laptop.... :)
ImageImage
tysonn
Minor Legend

Re: F 1 on TV ?

Post by tysonn »

Roy the same type of websites that you were referred to for the movies also have F1,soccer etc.
Mick
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Thanks Mick - I''ll have a look.
ImageImage
meh
Minor Friendly

Post by meh »

Download Kodi
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Roy you are spending far too much time watching films :lol: :lol: I hope your wife doesn't catch you
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Been a while since I heard "wireless".Happy days.
Mick
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Have you had your gramophone serviced this year Mick :lol:
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Yes and the gas mantles.Lee if you're going to the national so you can have a few fights you can stay in our spare room as long as you clean up after yourself and dont try to get off with my misses(well I'll think about the last condition if you bring plenty of money).
Mick
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

:lol: :roll:
ImageImage
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I switched to bt for the motorcycling when bbc threw the towel in over Moto gp, I've had crap internet since. Waiting for the contract to end then I'm out of there! What with that and windows 8---what a combination. :(

Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

Les, I have good news for you. Microsoft are offering users a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 when it becomes availble for consumers.
From the reviews I have read and people who are running the Beta version it appears Microsoft have listened to users and seen sense acknowledging that not all PC users are using tablet PC's.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Thanks for that bit of news Richard--can't wait!

TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

What happened to Windows 9?
:-?
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

TFM150K wrote:What happened to Windows 9?
Don't know but I am sure the conspiracy theorists will have an answer :wink: after all, they think Microsoft products are the work of the devil.....
Richard

warweezil
Minor Friendly

Post by warweezil »

Marketing decision as I understand it. Trying to break the perception that every other windows release is a donkey.

Look at the history. 95 was poor, 95osr2 worked OK, 98 wasn't great, 98se was much better, millennium was really shaky, XP still going today.. Vista a nightmare for many, 7 great, 8 wasn't well received.... too much touchscreen stuff that wasn't pertinent for the average desktop user

They have gone back to the format that many expect, a "start" button of sorts and an interface built for a proper desktop - they have belatedly realised that we are not all going to rush out and buy touchscreens tomorrow, and that for many a touchscreen system is not what they want or need despite that Microsofts marketing people might think, and for some who work at a screen all day it could even be bad for the eyes/posture.
The voices in my head may not be real.... But they have some damn good ideas.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I have a touch screen computer but only ever use the mouse :oops:
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

XP everytime for me.
Mick
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

warweezil wrote:
Marketing decision as I understand it. Trying to break the perception that every other windows release is a donkey.

Look at the history. 95 was poor, 95osr2 worked OK, 98 wasn't great, 98se was much better, millennium was really shaky, XP still going today.. Vista a nightmare for many, 7 great, 8 wasn't well received.... too much touchscreen stuff that wasn't pertinent for the average desktop user

They have gone back to the format that many expect, a "start" button of sorts and an interface built for a proper desktop - they have belatedly realised that we are not all going to rush out and buy touchscreens tomorrow, and that for many a touchscreen system is not what they want or need despite that Microsofts marketing people might think, and for some who work at a screen all day it could even be bad for the eyes/posture.
You forgot to add that XP was underpinned by Windows 2000, it developed the technologies that are part of the XP operating system. While a lot were used already in server operating systems it paved the way for the operating system to be used in the workplace securely.
The mistake Microsoft made with Windows 8 was that it rushed it to market with the advent of the touch screen and they tried to make it fit both touchscreen and traditional pc's in one package. They should have made two versions of Windows 8 to accommodate both touchscreens and PC's.
As an operating system windows 8 is great, it just needs to get rid of the "Duel Personality"
Richard

tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

As long as I can still find drivers for newer hardware I won't change.I well remember when the operating system was DOS(still is of course).User friendly hadnt been invented and the idea of windows 3 to give DOS a gui was a good one.No more using config and autoexec editors to give you a bit more memory to play a basic game or spending hours trying to get a new piece of hardware to work.Each new version of windows tried to make it even easier and more user friendly.The majority of users have no idea there is a basic operating system buried deep down in there and don't need to know.There were as you say several bad versions.Thing is there comes a stage of diminishing returns when theres not a lot of actual better features and the main reason behind them is the need for microsoft to continue making money.They are obviously hoping there will be people out there who think the new system is a "must have"(like the latest iphone),when actually theres no need to change at all.
Mick
smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

yeahh XP for ever! :D 8)