Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Richard Leslie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Tonneau Cover Cleaning

Post by Richard Leslie »

I appreciate this is an old subject and covered in a lot of entries but I was wondering if there are any new cleaners on the market, that someone has used to remove VERY stubborn stains on a Convertible Tonneau cover. So far I have used Vanish OxiAction , Cif, AutoGlym, Cillit Bang and White Spirit all to no avail. It's a cream cover and doesn't look attractive with black/brown stains on it. Any advice would be appreciated.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Re: Tonneau Cover Cleaning

Post by SteveClem »

Might be permanent staining, in which case nothing will clean it. So I guess you may have to live with it or get a modern replacement. If the staining gets into the body of the material it's pretty much there forever.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

I guess it can maybe be painted/recoloured with one of the upholstery renovation kits ?
ImageImage
Richard Leslie
Minor Friendly

Post by Richard Leslie »

I know it sounds a bit dodgy but I've found ( through an ex work colleague ) that EVOSTIK thinners works a treat without damaging the material. He gave me some of his but I don't know where he purchased it. One warning though, you need a mask to use it...........it's very pungent.

As Ed China would say JOB DONE.
Declan_Burns
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Declan_Burns »

You can always dye it a dark colour. I redid my hood yesterday using Renovo as it was quite faded and it came up like new.
The only problem was that the 500ml bottle was not quite enough to finish above the windscreen and along the sides and rear window. I am going to give it a second coat as there are a few small patches. Renovo is good stuff!

Regards
Declan[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Regards
Declan