Still cant get into the members section

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Still cant get into the members section

Post by irmscher »

Its pathetic and just remind me what I pay my members subscription for.I think now Cam is giving the webmaster job up nothing will get done !!
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Still cant get into the members section

Post by les »

Didn't realise this was still ongoing, i rarely use the area. As an observer, its difficult to understand why this is now off limits to members who wish to visit. I imagine it's been noted by whoever runs things but maybe not. Regarding membership, I suppose it amounts to what facilities people use, interestingly I've not actually thought of listing them.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

On the old site you needed a username and password that was printed in Minor Matters and changed for every edition. On the current site you need to register with your email address and choose your own password. If you register correctly then the area is accessible (just tested it). If you get a message that your email address has already been used then use the forgotten password link to set a new password. I make no judgement as to whether it's worth the effort to access the said area, that's up to each person using it.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Ok at the risk that I'm missing something, and assuming I am logged in, where/how do I register from the page that informs me I have not permission to enter that area? Do I log out and start from there?

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

simmitc wrote:On the old site you needed a username and password that was printed in Minor Matters and changed for every edition. On the current site you need to register with your email address and choose your own password. If you register correctly then the area is accessible (just tested it). If you get a message that your email address has already been used then use the forgotten password link to set a new password. I make no judgement as to whether it's worth the effort to access the said area, that's up to each person using it.
Sorry but I have to question that response.

If I try to access any of the 5 forums within Members Area, I get:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
I have had this problem ever since I joined the club and contacted Cam about it on 31 August.

His response was :
Don't worry it's not you!! The members area on the mesageboard is currently not functioning as the content is being moved from the messageboard to the main MMOC site. The only issue is club spares, but for the present if you need club spares you can contact Bryan Gostling directly (his details are in Minor Matters).
So who is wrong here?
Basil the 1955 series II

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Signed in same as before it says I haven't the permission :evil: .The website is no better than the old one why don't the club spend some money on a decent one and a trusted host ??.The club spent a lot of members money on a new four post ramp and nobody on here will ever get to use it only the chosen few !!.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Are we at cross purposes here? I'm looking at the home page www.mmoc.org.uk and in the top right hand corner is a login button. Once logged in, under "My Account" is the members area which takes you to https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Members/. Is this the area you're trying to get to, or are you heading somewhere else?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

simmitc
simmitc wrote:Are we at cross purposes here?
I think we're all talking about the one here in the forum

viewforum.php?f=50

which as I understand it, Camm said was moving over to the main site; however, there is a big difference between having members information pages on the main site and having a Members Only section of the forum.
IMHO, the 2 serve different functions.

The members area of the main site is a One Way Street; the members forum if we could get into it, should allow discussion between members and excludes those who are not paid up but are a member of the general discussion forums.
Last edited by geoberni on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Following that, I get Log in failed please try again, well I know my user name and password are correct. I'll leave well alone, I can see myself being locked out of it all if I start changing things. Any chance of going back to the password in the mag in future, seemed a pretty good method, maybe it could be suggested somewhere. As mentioned before I don't use the members area much but others may like to, plus if it's there it should work. However maybe others have now managed to access it, following the last advice.

firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by firedrake1942 »

I think there are 2 different passwords - One for the site and forum and another for all the Super-Dooper benefits we all enjoy......
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I have given up trying complete waste of time