steering column horn contact set

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
markattard
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

steering column horn contact set

Post by markattard »

Hi would anyone know if the steering column horn contact set is similar to the series II 1953 please?

I'm missing these parts and I'm trying to source them.

Any help appreciated!!
plumby74
Minor Friendly

Re: steering column horn contact set

Post by plumby74 »

I have a 1951 MM Tourer wreck here in Melbourne that I am about to chop-up, as it is too badly rusted. What parts from the steering column do you need?
Truly, I was about to angle-grind through the column as I cannot readily shift the top nut (holding the steering-wheel) due to rust. If you wish, I can persevere a little more!
Frank Mallia has pics of my car, and may have a Series MM saloon to dismantle himself very soon. Do you know of him there in Malta? He is pretty keen on the early cars, I believe.
markattard
Minor Addict

Post by markattard »

hi thank you Plumby! you are so kind actually Frank gave me his extra steering column yesterday and made my day!!

I needed the rotating bush and rubber and the contact set for the horn operation!
plumby74
Minor Friendly

Post by plumby74 »

Mark, I have sent photos of the loose items you need re the horn to Frank Mallia, as there are some parts he wishes to have too. Hope he can forward.

The brass contact ring for the horn is crimped and soldered onto the column, and the rubber bush you will need to purchase new from UK suppliers. If you need the steering column too (it is intact) then let me know, replying to the direct email address which Frank has.

regards
markattard
Minor Addict

Post by markattard »

Hi Thanks!!

Frank told me a bout it, but we sorted out what I needed cause he had some spare ones!! thanks a lot for offering!!
markattard
Minor Addict

Post by markattard »

:D