Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
smithskids
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Footman James Insurance

Post by smithskids »

Has any one noticed that if you have a road traffic accident, you will not be recovered by the RAC. Or am I reading the Motor breakdown cover wrongly? It states in the "What is not insured note" point 2 Anything which is not a breakdown eg. a road traffic collision. So if you get shunted in the back and the car is not still drivable, you will not be recovered!
simmitc

Re: Footman James Insurance

Post by simmitc »

That's bad, I'll ask the Office to check.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I checked with the Office and within 1/2 an hour I received this response:
  • I have checked with Footman James and apparently, if you were to have an accident, it would be the FJ claims department that dealt with this and arrange a breakdown recovery for you, as this is an accident not a breakdown.
I hope that sets your mind at rest, and demonstrates that the Office can be relied upon to respond.
smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

Many thanks, if you have looked at the policy renewal paperwork it's a bit ambiguous. I am glad I asked.
squizzel
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by squizzel »

This is normal practice, my daughter works for the AA. If you call them out for an RTA, they will charge you. Even if you have a policy, this is because it isn't a break down. You have to notify your insurance and they will call whatever recovery service they use to recover it for free. RAC is exactly the same. But in the terms and conditions for RAC they state that they don't deal with cars over a certain age, where the AA does. We have RAC in with the insurance for the moggy, but we also have the AA (as the daughter works there its free)
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

The AA service seems a lot better than the RAC and offers more