Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
CrazyPropGeek
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Family Membership for partners?

Post by CrazyPropGeek »

Hi All,

Not sure what to do this year. My parents want to come off of the membership, as they didn't join me on classic car days out (or use the benefits). However, my girlfriend would like to go on instead as she comes with me on every outing.

We've been together a fair few years now, and are looking at moving in together within a year and a bit but are unlikely to marry for another few years after that... so I'm not sure what to do. She doesn't need the magazine or other stuff, but I would like to get her driving my Morris. So the help with insurance, as being a member, would be welcome.

Does anyone know if I can add her on the family membership function? I couldn't find any clear rules on this.

Thank you,
Luke
Morris Minor Series II (1955) - DeLorean DMC-12 (1981)
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Family Membership for partners?

Post by simmitc »

Glad to learn that you and your girlfriend have a mutually good taste in cars. Ther strict interpretation of family member involves living under the same roof, but if you explain your situation to the team at the Derby office then they might be able to help; it's certainly one for the office rather than the message board. We'll look forward to the wedding invitation in a few years :D
CrazyPropGeek
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Family Membership for partners?

Post by CrazyPropGeek »

simmitc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 am Glad to learn that you and your girlfriend have a mutually good taste in cars. Ther strict interpretation of family member involves living under the same roof, but if you explain your situation to the team at the Derby office then they might be able to help; it's certainly one for the office rather than the message board. We'll look forward to the wedding invitation in a few years :D
No worries! I actually just had the main office call me up about changes. They said having a non-married parter is fine (if anyone else runs into the same confusion). Wedding invites will include compulsory Morris attendance haha! :D
Morris Minor Series II (1955) - DeLorean DMC-12 (1981)