Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
burnham28
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Dash panel removal

Post by burnham28 »

I would like to remove the dash panel on my 1968 minor to repaint it. Is it a difficult job? How do I go about it? Advice would be appreciated.
[img]jpg[/img]
simmitc

Re: Dash panel removal

Post by simmitc »

What do you mean by "the dash panel"? Glovebox lids are easy ro remove. Glovevox linings and speedo are easy to remove, but do not require painting. The chrome standouts and the spedo surround are also easy to remove. If you are talking about removing the entire dashboard then forget iy, you're into major surgery with a grinder or gas torchy followed by welding to get it back, which would rather ruin the new paint job.

Rather than repainting the dash, are you trying to repaint the whole car?
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Thanks for the reply. No I'm not going to paint the whole car that has been done already but who ever painted it before and they did a good job didn't do the panel. I shall have to have another think on what to do with it, I may be able to paint it in situ with a lot of masking. Thanks again for the advise.
[img]jpg[/img]
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

This is also on my hit list as my convertible was repainted with my dash panel in need of a refurb/repaint.
If you do attempt to do this let us know how you get on.
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I can’t imagine the entire dash board is the subject of this enquiry, because it would be readily seen that it is part of the structure and not removable without an electric grinder ! Without further clarification I would hazard a guess at the glove box lids but there again the the screws for removal are visible.