270UYJ

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Paul whit
MMOC Member: Yes

270UYJ

Post by Paul whit »

Hi I’m trying to find out the history of my 1955 2 door split screen I’ve just bought
reg 270UYJ
engine number 10MA-U-L B45085
any information would be appreciated thank you
Greenie
Minor Fan

Re: 270UYJ

Post by Greenie »

Have you Tried,
The British Motor Museum, it costs £45 for a full history and a Nice Certificate to cherish for ever,
Unfortunately our Norman was built at Adderley Park where all records have been destroyed but by perseverance I have found out so much about him.
There are certain enthusiasts on here , which I know would help you once they see your request, but how much info you give them is entirely at your discretion, after all you can pick up chassis plates etc on the internet and whoop Your gone is gone, so take care when handing out so much info.
without prejudice intended to anyone who reads this
Marilyn
Enjoy your research pick up one of the historic Morris Minor Books lots of info in them,
MA I think Morris Austin Plant I stand corrected anyone comes up with solutions to your quest
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Engine is Nov/Dec 1968....IF "B" error for "3", if error for "2", mid 1967.

MA-U-L is either Minor LCV or Police panda.

Production of this unit - having spent over 30yrs of number collecting - none higher than 370k.

Therefore, engine replaced an 803cc APHM unit.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Greenie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm There are certain enthusiasts on here , which I know would help you once they see your request, but how much info you give them is entirely at your discretion, after all you can pick up chassis plates etc on the internet and whoop Your gone is gone, so take care when handing out so much info.
I’d like to think that if I’d registered my details with Pommreg, I’d be in a very good position if someone else decided to use those details on another vehicle. I’ve had a lot of very useful info from Pommreg and the LCV Register.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Yes I've heard he's very good, so good luck in your research, and some photos, when or if you have to do anything to your car, I found everyone so helpful
Regards Marilyn
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

PoolGuy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm
Greenie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm There are certain enthusiasts on here , which I know would help you once they see your request, but how much info you give them is entirely at your discretion, after all you can pick up chassis plates etc on the internet and whoop Your gone is gone, so take care when handing out so much info.
I’d like to think that if I’d registered my details with Pommreg, I’d be in a very good position if someone else decided to use those details on another vehicle. I’ve had a lot of very useful info from Pommreg and the LCV Register.
Marilyn, you're not helping things by advising owners to refrain from divulging their vehicles' details to me, please keep your unfounded opinions to yourself.
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

I'm beginning to wonder if 'without prejudice' is understood here...

I have two travellers, '54 and '71, and I wouldn't be handing over chassis numbers to anyone, not least 'some bloke on the internet', no matter how well intentioned, or indeed honest. The internet it *not* a secure place to be stabbing stuff like that, especially if you value your vehicle.

So... 'without prejudice', it is entirely up to you as to how much info you give to fellow members.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

POMMReg wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:48 pm
PoolGuy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm
Marilyn, you're not helping things by advising owners to refrain from divulging their vehicles' details to me, please keep your unfounded opinions to yourself.
I don't remember saying don't give it to You, your being very pedantic with me, and I tell you I wont have it, I'm sorry for you and your attitude, infact I gave you adulation but now forget it.... Marilyn
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Greenie wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:59 pm I don't remember saying don't give it to You, your being very pedantic with me, and I tell you I wont have it, I'm sorry for you and your attitude, infact I gave you adulation but now forget it.... Marilyn
Marilyn, when two people are using the same account it's very easy for someone (me) to get confused, when the written English on that account isn't very good it's also very easy for people to get the wrong impression. I'm sorry if I caused Pommreg to think that one of the two Greenies had cast aspersions on his good name.

And apologies to the OP for derailing his thread.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

PoolGuy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:45 pm
Greenie wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:59 pm I don't remember saying don't give it to You, your being very pedantic with me, and I tell you I wont have it, I'm sorry for you and your attitude, infact I gave you adulation but now forget it.... Marilyn
Marilyn, when two people are using the same account it's very easy for someone (me) to get confused, when the written English on that account isn't very good it's also very easy for people to get the wrong impression. I'm sorry if I caused Pommreg to think that one of the two Greenies had cast aspersions on his good name.

And apologies to the OP for derailing his thread.
I apologise for confusion but I am Marilyn (Greenies wife) and I write all posts , using both, but I wont be spoken to like that, I have not in anyway Blackened, caused aspersion to his good name, but on several occasions he has reiterated to me as if we at war, and I'm not having it, I think he has taken on quite a feat logging all the details that members and none members have given him to make a Register, I admire him , but if I choose not too I expect respect for that too. I only added caution as it is a fact it is too easy to copy a chassis on the world web, (plates) , in no way was I being disrespectful to this man, I never even mentioned his name, it was just a caution, and I got a rude remark to me, like I said, Forget it, I am just not bothered anymore it childish. Marilyn ( Greenies wife)
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

My "database" doesn't contain owners' details, simply model/vin, and,where poss. original owner, engine/body/g'box/r'axle nos. DoFR & triplex/lucas dates.

Obviously, armed with this info, it will make it MUCH more difficult for the criminal fraternity IF prospective buyers discover "numbers" of the Minor they're planning to buy "match" for a stolen vehicle.

Something, I might add, that should have been started years ago!

Marilyn, I have NO real issue with your standpoint, simply a shame I don't have a "virgin" spec LCV to add.

Anyway, taking a break from forums for a while, Thank heavens, you all say..🤐
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I too have been somewhat confused as to whether Mr Greenie or Mrs Greenie is the author of some posts, and indeed who has done what. However, regarding this ‘upset’ it maybe down to interpretation rather than anything else. Some lives are open books, others keep themselves to themselves.

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Indeed, and everyone has a right to their own opinion...and an obligation to respect the opinion of others.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Well, FOUR hedgehogs in the garden tonight!!