Rose Taupe Traveller Restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Rose Taupe Traveller Restoration- update 41

Post by palacebear »

Don't think any of us can see them. It is allegedly something to do with the increased subscription fee now being demanded by this particular 3rd party host.
"Pay up or we won't host your pics any more" :cry:
1956 4-door called Max
MagicMorris
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by MagicMorris »

Boo, that's rubbish. The pictures on the forum are key to helping people do restorations. Will they ever come back or are there other ways of getting them
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

If you ring the club office about the pictures you get no joy :roll:
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Alot of forums have issues with hosting but i stopped using photobucket ages ago due to the annoying adverts and spam mail.

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

MagicMorris wrote:Boo, that's rubbish. The pictures on the forum are key to helping people do restorations. Will they ever come back or are there other ways of getting them
Pictures posted through a 3rd party host, where a subscription is now charged for useage, have probably had their links or URLs blocked by the 3rd party host, not by the MMOC forum web host.
The club only has capabilities to recover pictures uploaded directly onto the forum.
1956 4-door called Max
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I'm gutted to see 'photobucket' has ruined this thread also, I was really enjoying Taupes restoration here.
I save my pictures to my computer and upload them from a file in 'my pictures', mind you I have a digital camera and memory card, so maybe that makes a difference, though I would have thought lots of people have them these days......
Is there no way Taupe could retrieve his pictures from 'photobucket' and reload them another way?
I've never used 'photobucket' myself though, so excuse any ignorance on my part here.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

There was a forum post elsewhere recently. As I understand the situation, the 3rd party host now requires a US$399.00 subscription to enable a user to upload new photos, and to 'release' images already uploaded from the users' account.

Like jagnut66, most of my photos are taken by digital SLR and edited/saved on my laptop in 'my pictures' from where I upload as neccessary. Unfortunately I am not able to upload photos taken from my Samsung (android) phone directly to this forum or to a number of other applications.
1956 4-door called Max
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

That's what the club get for buying the cheapest basic website available :evil: .The cucumber sandwich brigade don't come on here so they aren't bothered in the slightest .The other Morris site is a million times better quality and its free
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I apologise for keeping this thread drifting so badly. In all fairness, I don't think the issues I mentioned are entirely due to the forum being 'low cost'.
Pics taken on my android phone and stored on its SD card won't upload anywhere. To this forum, and the 'other forum', they just disappear. To whatsapp and as hotmail or gmail attachments they flag as 'unrecognised format' (although they will upload from my cloud after much resizing). If I upload to mobile eBay app, for selling purposes, the app just freezes or closes.
Pics taken with digital SLR and uploaded to laptop will then upload anywhere without trouble using Internet Explorer... except to eBay for which I have to use Google Chrome or Firefox.
1956 4-door called Max
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

Palacebear, I don't own a mobile but so can't try it. But does yours store photos in an odd format?
Does it have a camera setting menu to enable you to change the file format to jpeg, or perhaps re-save on your PC to jpeg file extension. Just a thought and don't mean to cause offence, grandma sucking eggs and all that.
Regards John.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

No offence taken :) I'm a bit of a technophobe at the best of times. Phone is a Samsung which I've had about 18 months. I used to be able to upload pics to most places without any trouble. Recently I've been getting Samsung updates for it much more often than I used to. I guess its possible some setting that I'm not familiar with has changed. I've never been able to upload from phone to MMOC forum since the new forum was launched but I think thats a seperate issue.
1956 4-door called Max
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

My phone is a 'Android' Samsung as well and (so far) I can still upload to my PC and save in my pictures, so as 'StillGotMy1stCar' suggests, maybe a setting has changed and you just need to put it back the way it was............................??
I don't understand all these 'updates', most seem 'invisible' as well!
Is it just so 'they' can keeps tabs on us more easily??.......
Conspiracy theories anyone??......................
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

jagnut66 wrote:I'm gutted to see 'photobucket' has ruined this thread also, I was really enjoying Taupes restoration here.
I save my pictures to my computer and upload them from a file in 'my pictures', mind you I have a digital camera and memory card, so maybe that makes a difference, though I would have thought lots of people have them these days......
Is there no way Taupe could retrieve his pictures from 'photobucket' and reload them another way?
I've never used 'photobucket' myself though, so excuse any ignorance on my part here.
Best wishes,
Mike.
Hi All

Ive edited this thread to show my photos again for now...what a nightmare!

Taupe
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

pm sent
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Wow - well done on getting your photos back, taupe! Your work is a source of inspiration for many of us on here.

don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

Thank you Taupe

Your thread is both inspiring and instructive.

It must have been very tedious and time consuming to reinstate the photos. I for one greatly appreciate both your skill and willingness to share (and I know I am not alone).

Don

PS Will there be an update 42?
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

I dont seem to be able to edit any earlier part of this thread to update the corrupt Photobucket photos :cry: :cry:

Taupe
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

That's disappointing.

Webmaster, can you help?

Don
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

A lot of the original images are still in Google's cache, abeit in a smaller format, but useful nonetheless. Just Google "rose taupe traveller restoration" complete with quotes and then click on the Images tab to see them.

don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

I didn't know they could be accessed that way. That at least provides some improvement to the instructional benefits of the thread.

Thanks for letting us know.

I am still hopeful that the original images can be restored to the thread.

As I have said earlier, I think the assistance provided by Taupe's thread is fundamental to the purpose of the Club.

Don