Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ronnie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Faded paint

Post by ronnie »

Hi.
Unfortunately my Moggy had to spend a few months outside under a so called ‘’ waterproof cover “. I’ve now got it back inside but I’ve got patches of faded paint on the roof. Car is light blue . Any tips on how to go about getting best result
Thanks Ronnie
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Faded paint

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
This stuff is really good.
Best wishes,
Mike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Farecla-500g ... 1438.l9372
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ronnie
Minor Fan

Post by ronnie »

Thanks Mike 👍
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

try a colour back T cut,usual places Halfords etc, be careful with stronger abrasives it's possible to cut through the paint to the primer. And throw out the cover its a common problem ,do a search on car covers they just about always cause some paintwork problem,normally microblisters, which are very difficult to get rid of.
pgp001
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by pgp001 »

If you have had damp patches trapped between the cover and the paint, you will probably find that is has caused the paint to bloom and take on a milky appearance.

That is exactly what happened to my own smoke grey Traveller after being under a poor quality cover for a few months prior to building my car port.
I was initially tempted to attack it with something to try and restore the colour, but decided to leave it and see what happens.

Luckily after spending plenty of time in the sunshine the milky patches have just about disappeared now, and unless you knew where to look you would be hard pressed to find any of them.

Phil