Early MM parts

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Early MM parts

Postby RobThomas » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am

Hello Rod.
Still working on it. Shipping seems to hover between $5800 and $6500 NZ so I need to keep looking for a sensible price. Not impossible. I did wonder if it might be more viable if the container was filled with other 'stuff' that is more common in NZ. Early front bodywork and early engines, good condition early upholstery etc.
Cardiff, UK

Redmoggy
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Postby Redmoggy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am

Hi Rob, issue would be storage. I had to move the car to work when we moved house, I no longer have my big detached double garage to hide things in. The Wives car and my two old Triumph Motorbikes live in the carpeted attached double garage. Filling it with random bits of motorcar would likely lead to divorce!

Can I assume for that price they also fill the container with restoration fairies who will have it finished by the time it arrives? I hope you can find a more affordable option. Perhaps drop a line to the Vintage Car Club,
https://www.canterburybranchvintagecarc ... contact-us

RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby RobThomas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:35 am

Great. :roll:
It has just been announced that an additional $1000NZ will be required to 'disinfect' the car before departure. That $1000 car has somehow become $7000+ car, Rod.
Looks like a no-go, I'm afraid.
Cardiff, UK

Redmoggy
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Postby Redmoggy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:40 pm

I was waiting for something like that, Rob. I'll be honest in its current state and with no running gear I thinking more 250 quid. I may try and blag some extra storage time at work due to this silly Beer virus, may even fix some more rust and revisit the idea once this has all blown over.

Cheers,
Rod