POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Adderley Park LCVs

Post by POMMReg »

RussLCV wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:44 am
POMMReg wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:35 am
les wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:24 am [/quote

Scary thing was the proof copy of our book used the data from the Glass' Guide, where the total production figure is given as 326627, rather than 327227.
If you have a proof copy from the publisher they will be keen to publish as soon as possible following amends to the proof as all printing tooling is done? or do I misunderstand?
Russ, As I told you several years ago, Publisher's not keen on printing "reference books", limited appeal, maybe 6 people & a cocker spaniel by the name of Cedric
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Ak... ok so its cleared that one up, ....no proof copy then! Only one Spaniel, thought there would have been more!
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

———- but those 6 people are still waiting, it was 7 until the anticipation got too much and I declined! :D
Cedric was keen when young, now he’s 10 his eyesight’s not so good ! :-?

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I'll address the delay in the completion of the book,

Firstly, I need chassis, cab & engine nos to arrive at accurate listings by month/year. Without these, my hands are tied, and therefore cannot progress.

I do NOT need registration numbers, nor the last 2 digits of a chassis nos, obviously, with the absence of exact details, data protection not effected, data useless to everyone else.

With the above in mind, and to stop both Les & Russ' continual nagging, I cannot be held accountable for research coming to a halt.

Again, the purpose of all this number collecting is to produce a production list - separating Hm.Mkt./Export/ GPO/CKD models - by month/year, the Glass' Guide is merely a "Chassis nos. Allocation" list....ie. whereby a chassis nos suggests 1956, yet the actual vehicle not built until 1957.

Anyway, leave it at that..all I can say is it'll be ready when it's ready, whether it be next year or when I become a pensioner or, at this rate, never🤣
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

[quote=POMMReg

all I can say is it'll be ready when it's ready, whether it be next year or when I become a pensioner or, at this rate, never🤣
[/quote]
That’s the wisest thing you could have said, posts of years back saying, nearly finished and pretty much done, and asking who is interested in a copy, only builds up people’s hopes, which are then dashed by other subsequent comments. As you say it might or might not be ready. Either way, I’m sure it’s kept you busy, and hopefully given you, and still does, some pleasure.

RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Well said Les
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Bit like a crossword without any clues!🤣

Essential to check facts BEFORE publishing anything, classic example is 501-49767, "All 803cc engined Minor LCVs".....however, this simply isn't correct, sadly ppl seem content with hackneyed info.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ll let you have the last word ——- for now :D — but I’ll be back if you keep on ! :wink:

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:50 pm I’ll let you have the last word ——- for now :D — but I’ll be back if you keep on ! :wink:
Have EVERYTHING crossed here!!🤣
Last edited by simmitc on Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed phrase capable of mis-interpretation.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Oh, I think I remember what the censored bit was ! :D ——- of course what’s left of the post, makes no sense now !!

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

POMMReg wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:06 pm
les wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:50 pm I’ll let you have the last word ——- for now :D — but I’ll be back if you keep on ! :wink:
Les, don't start....or I'll drone on and on and on about "numbers".....LCV production figures, CKD Minor's AND the dreaded LRBM....Zzzzzz😴

All the things that only interest me!

Have EVERYTHING crossed here, hoping you don't!!🤣
Xerxes the great