Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jeff-d
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

speedo drive

Post by jeff-d »

hi, can anyone tell me the spanner size for the speedometer drive housing nut its a brass nut not the plastic one, just taken the car (A 1959 morris minor with 948 gearbox )out on a test run after more than 2 years of fixing it up to a good standard and found that the speedo is not working i attached a drill at the gearbox side of the speedo cable and the speedo is working, so the problem must be on the pinion and bush but i am having a job finding a tool that fits the large nut so what do you use a socket a spanner or a ring spanner and what size would it be, also when i took the old pinion and bush speedometer drive housing out it had a plastic nut head and i replaced it with a brass housing i wonder if that would of made a difference or is there different ones for different models cheers
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Re: speedo drive

Post by jeff-d »

hi, i found the size its 1 1/8 inch i have ordered a box spanner so hopefully it will do the job still dont know if i have the right speedo drive
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Re: speedo drive

Post by jeff-d »

hi, i had the wrong speedo drive in the gear box, it was the brass nut one, found a plastic drive and the speedo works as it should