Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

DVLA Service Reaches New Low...

Post by geoberni »

This morning I had a Pink, Final Reminder from DVLA that my Minor hadn't been taxed on the 1st August like it should have been.
They were correct, it hadn't been done, but I'd not had the Reminder V11 with the reference number in order to do it.
I always do the same thing, V11 arrives, I take it to the 'office' where the PC is and if I don't do it immediately, the letter sits there on the desk in front of me until I do it.
I've not had the V11.
I mentioned it to my wife when she came back in and she informs me the same thing has happened to our eldest son, he got a Pink Final Reminder at the weekend and he's never had the V11 either. His car isn't a Historic, he actually has to pay something for his.

Has anyone else had a Pink Final Reminder arrive this month without the actual V11 arriving.

Yes I know it's my responsibility to Tax the car and DVLA have no obligation to send a V11... :roll:
It's jut never been a problem before and very odd that my son had the same issue this month.... :-?
Basil the 1955 series II

stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Re: DVLA Service Reaches New Low...

Post by stuffedpike20 »

I had my V11 as normal a week ago.

Something strange going on with you geoberni.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I had the same issue with my modern but taxed it before receiving a pink slip.
What reminded me was seeing a car local to me with a wheel clamp and a big notice on the screen saying 'No Tax'.
Read somewhere that DVLA want owners to sign up to 'e' mail notification and do away with the V11.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motori ... s-to-info/

firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by firedrake1942 »

Ditto here on my Ford. No unoriginal letter but a pink reminder yesterday.
neilmorey
Minor Fan

Post by neilmorey »

I didn't get the normal reminder last month either but you can renew online without the letter but you need the V5 document.
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

I did get the normal reminder, though this was back around April.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

They sent me my tax refund without a request, so I can’t complain about that.

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I've organised it that my cars are all taxed from the anniversary of when they were registered new and aside from the Minor (Which has the MMOC reminder disc), all have repro tax discs from http://poplargreg.com/ . I know when all the cars were first registered but this reminds me. I usually get the reminder and I think at least two came in the same envelope this year (The three MGs are all due in August).

I think lots of places, especially larges ones, are OK until something goes wrong and then, if the flow chart doesn't cover the problem, the trouble starts :roll: . That usually means the "Default" course of action or inaction.
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

My tax reminder did arrive about 10 days ago. I know it’s my responsibility but with no physical tax disc a reminder letter is much more important.

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

I had the same problem in August. Fortunately I'd remembered the tax was due, but it's easy to forget these things, especially when you're used to a reminder turning up. When the V11 still hadn't arrived by the end of the month I had to dig out the V5. It could be a problem for anyone who'd sent off their V5 for an address change, update, etc.

Of course if you don't get the pink, final reminder for some reason, then the next reminder is a nice yellow DVLA clamp! :wink:

Maybe the DVLA have just stopped sending them out now. They do seem to have a habit of just changing things without actually consulting motorists. It appears they would like us all to sign-up for a new online account now.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dvla ... -motorists

Apparently you can then 'choose to stop getting vehicle tax reminders by post'.