what weight and size of caravan can i pull behind a moggie

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
paulk
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by paulk »

Now I just have the image in my head of the owner of a radio control caravan sitting at his table 'driving' his van up the M6. :) :)
Paulk

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/paulk235/DSCF0807.jpg[/img]
1959 2dr Milly
Has now sat in back garden for 5 years :(
http://www.sadmog.morrisminor.com/
paulhumphries
Minor Legend

Post by paulhumphries »

paulk wrote:Now I just have the image in my head of the owner of a radio control caravan sitting at his table 'driving' his van up the M6. :) :)
I wired up one on a friends caravan (although no worse than wiring a plug :D ).
They are brilliant.
We were like big children and moved it up and down our Close on the remote as so easy to use and turns 360 degrees if you make one wheel go forward with the other backwards.

Paul Humphries
britab1967
Minor Fan

Post by britab1967 »

[quote="alex_holden"]With a trailer tent or a folding caravan you are a lot more limited about how you can stow stuff in them while on the move compared to a caravan or camper with fixed walls. quote]

We've had the same journey.....and it's much quicker to pitch up when it's pooring down with rain when you arrive. Went to the Isle of Wind (Sorry Wight) with the plan for our big lad to sleep in the awning, but he ended up in the van and we didn't bother with the awning, you don't get that choice with any form of tent. 5 were blown off site while we were there.

All of that said, you can't tow anything like big enough for a family with a Moggy. The lads are threatening to have me adopted of Molly's not on the road for her 50th next year but I don't think they've realised they won't have the caravan if we make it for the National.
Knebworth 2011 National Rally
Sky and Molly

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Most people turned up this year with the road car towing the van and the moggie trundling along behind!

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512