'Traders'

Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rob_O'Dowd
MMOC Member: No

'Traders'

Post by Rob_O'Dowd »

Hope someone can explain why on the terms and conditions of this messege board it states 'No Traders',But after I pressed accept,I found many references to 'traders',registered users that freely admit to being 'traders',even links to traders websites posted by moderators.
Hope some one out there can clarify this for me as I would like to know where I stand being one of the aforementioned 'traders' as I would like to be involved with this side of the mmoc but I am not sure I will be 100% welcome.
Rob O'Dowd
Retro Auto
Telford
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Hi Rob,
Traders are not allowed to advertise their services or wares on the open forum. However as some traders are also Minor owners/drivers and in the MMOC, they are allowed on the forum as private individuals, and are welcome to discuss Minors just like normal people ;-)
Also the requirement is that a trader clearly states that they are a trader, so as to avoid any confusion.

Links to a website are allowed only as long as it is not just being used as free advertising.
E.g. if a member asks "where can I get X,Y or Z" then it is legitimate to give a response including links of where to get the stuff.

We do get traders and advertisers (and spammers) coming on to do free advertising but this is easy to spot, and as far as I know it is always removed.

You are welcome to discuss the finer points of policy for traders on here with the MMOC webmaster, but as that post is open for applications, you might prefer to contact Ray Newell.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Hi,

although the t&cs state no traders, my interpretation is that everyone is welcome. Including traders in a non-professional context (ie, don't go touting your wares) but input and presence is always welcome from any knowledgable party. Just my interpretation.

There is another high profile trader on here who is a regular contributor, and his input is welcomed. It would seem distinctly unfair if you were not to be allowed to contribute.

Just my £0.02

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Hi Rob,

I'm really suprised that there are so few traders on this forum. I'd greatly welcome your inclusion here as I believe that 'the other side of the coin' approach can enhance the greater understanding of how our world revolves.
I had thought that the T and C's were modified to allow traders access to the forum, so long as they were not blatantly advertising or touting for work.

bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

That's true, to the best of my knowledge. I don't think that's been changed back :D
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

I had thought that the T and C's were modified to allow traders access to the forum, so long as they were not blatantly advertising or touting for work.
I think it was done to clarify that individuals traders were personally welcome as long as they were posting as contributors to the board. It's usually obvious to the moderators when someone is only interested in trying to use the board for free advertising.
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I would like to be involved with this side of the mmoc but I am not sure I will be 100% welcome.
Welcome aboard Rob.
The above postings should clarify things for you :D
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

The situation is being clarified at committee level today, and the T&Cs will be amended to reflect the situation.