Get those brain cells working

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

84%. Not amused! Should have done better (he says in teacher marking with red pen style!).
For what its worth, the text books all refer to atmospheric pressure filling the cylinder. Vacuum dosn't suck as there is nothing there to suck, its the Atmospheric pressure that rushes in to fill the space that has been created. Look up Newcomens atmospheric engine if you're bored and want further elightening... :wink: :-? :D
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
Furrtiv
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Furrtiv »

Only 62%, but hey, I have no training, no experience and no aptitude, and I've been on the vino tonight, so it could have been a whole lot worse! :oops:
Re-employed!:D
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

Is the air sucked in or pushed in by atmospheric pressure? I think both are right!
if it was only the piston sucking the air in, that would mean that if the piston was at the bottom of its stroke with no air in the cylinder and both valves closed, and you opened the inlet valve, no air would go in, whereas in reality air would rush in to equalize the pressure. So the air is pushed in by atmospheric pressure (or atmospheric pressure plus boost pressure :D) is the correct answer. IMHO.

I got 99% :D agree some of the questions were badly worded.
1969 Four door Saloon Old English White 1275 with ported head and HS4 carb. Wolseley 1500 front brakes. Currently off the road with a leaky master cylinder!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I got 99% :D agree some of the questions were badly worded.
Well thats interesting as I thought that as there were 50 questions they scored 2 % for each correct answer.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Odd, even!!
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

everyone else seems to have got an even score also... I appear to be the "odd" one out... drinking at uni starts well before 11.30 when i originally posted, perhaps its was 98%, or 28% or another test entirely... :o Do I have to do a retake?
1969 Four door Saloon Old English White 1275 with ported head and HS4 carb. Wolseley 1500 front brakes. Currently off the road with a leaky master cylinder!
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

Yeah you do !!! Hows Uni going Picky?
11.30 - mere training :lol:
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

very well thank you, although I have a severe lack of money and sleep... the course is vaguely interesting aswell. 2 weeks till im back at home and working on the morris, I have a turbo carb in the post now :D

Im going to give the test another go when im sober!

Picky