Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
alcro
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Series 2 register?

Post by alcro »

Evening all,
I've seen reference to a 'MM register' and a LCV register in the club mag. but not a Series 2 register? does one exist?
thanks
Al
stevey
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by stevey »

Im still waiting for a 1000 register. The young pups are alwas left out. :D

alcro
Minor Friendly

Post by alcro »

stevey wrote:Im still waiting for a 1000 register. The young pups are alwas left out. :D
well you will buy these 'modern' cars with flashing indicators and 2 speed wipers etc!

and the 1000 was probably the first car to be restored and kept in any great numbers.

Al
HarryMango
Minor Addict

Post by HarryMango »

If you refer to the MMOC handbook you will find details of all 8 registers - including a S11 register. The guy advertised for details and sent forms out - which were returned ... & thats it.

Rog
alcro
Minor Friendly

Post by alcro »

HarryMango wrote:If you refer to the MMOC handbook you will find details of all 8 registers - including a S11 register. The guy advertised for details and sent forms out - which were returned ... & thats it.

Rog
thanks, your dead right, will send him a msg.

read somewhere that there were over 1/4 million series 2 saloons built, sounds a lot to me, anyone know?

Al
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

There were 269,838 series 2 cars (saloons & travellers) produced apparently, some 30,000 less than the later 1000.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
stevey
Minor Legend

Post by stevey »

well you will buy these 'modern' cars with flashing indicators and 2 speed wipers etc!
2 speed wipers? oh you mean on or off!! Must admit I do like the MMs and early series 2s.

alcro
Minor Friendly

Post by alcro »

LouiseM wrote:There were 269,838 series 2 cars (saloons & travellers) produced apparently, some 30,000 less than the later 1000.
thanks Louise, those figures are quite staggering.

The reason I asked about the series 2 register was to see if anybody has an idea of how many are still on the road. Compared to the the '1000' I would think very few.