Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RogerRust
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Saturday at the NEC

Post by RogerRust »

If your not afraid to meet people who have chatted to you on the net.

(My mum warned me about people like you) :o

:lol: I will be at the regalia on the MMOC stand at 11.00. :lol:

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
XDB
Minor Fan

Post by XDB »

Going with a mate on Saturday, may see you there. Thanks to MMOC for £3 each discount on entrance price.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

People that use my stand for their own purposes tend to get roped into selling! :wink:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

You could always get Roger to model the full range of MMOC leisure wear whilst he's hanging around :lol:

Eric - 1971 Traveller
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

regaliaqueen wrote:People that use my stand for their own purposes tend to get roped into selling! :wink:
OK, change of plan meet at the MG stand!! :(

No, No, No, only joking

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

regaliaqueen wrote:People that use my stand for their own purposes tend to get roped into selling! :wink:
An official MMOC stand bring used by 'someone' for their 'own' purposes, how can this be?. :o :wink:

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

LOL! I was thinking of "Auntie Wainwright" from Last of the Summer Wine... anyone found loitering helps! :wink:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

:o :o ??

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

"Auntie Wainwright" = "Roger Foreman"
Now there's a thought :o
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

Yes I'm going tomorrow with a friend and will drop in to say hello. I love the NEC, every year it gets bigger and better
]
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

stag36587 wrote:I love the NEC, every year it gets bigger and better
It's becoming a bit of a problem as you can't actually get round the whole thing in one day anymore!! :o :)
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

jonathon wrote:
An official MMOC stand bring used by 'someone' for their 'own' purposes, how can this be?. :o :wink:
Plain answer will do :D :wink:

stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today and placed a sticker onto Katy - a great line up of minors too and not just on the club stand. Sidney's right though, it's really difficult to see everything in one day. I could do with going back tomorrow to look round some more but instead will be going to church in the morning followed by welding on the LH sill boxing panel after lunch!
]
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

stag36587 wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today and placed a sticker onto Katy - a great line up of minors too and not just on the club stand. Sidney's right though, it's really difficult to see everything in one day. I could do with going back tomorrow to look round some more but instead will be going to church in the morning followed by welding on the LH sill boxing panel after lunch!
I really enjoyed it too, I didn't manage to get to MPH or to the motorbike section but I did the whole car bit and it was fantastic.

So a big well done and thankyou to everyone who was involved in organising it.
Well done Jon and Lou for all your hard work over the weekend, lots of work and not much time for breaks but you did a brilliant job.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Many thanks! Yes, it's a lot of hard work, but great fun.We enrolled loads of new members too, and met so many people I think I'd need a complete thread to name them all!

Winning "Club Of The Year" was the icing on the cake. More silver for the Club trophy cupboard! :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

regaliaqueen wrote:Many thanks! Yes, it's a lot of hard work, but great fun.We enrolled loads of new members too, and met so many people I think I'd need a complete thread to name them all!

Winning "Club Of The Year" was the icing on the cake. More silver for the Club trophy cupboard! :D
The sandwich minding service was also appreciated :D
PhilR
Minor Fan

Post by PhilR »

regaliaqueen wrote:Many thanks! Yes, it's a lot of hard work, but great fun.We enrolled loads of new members too, and met so many people I think I'd need a complete thread to name them all!

Just a note to say thank you to all the volunteers for putting on such a superb stand. You should all be very proud and so should the members. So pleased to hear of the award.
I attended on Saturday and visited the stand armed with lots of questions. My dad and I were extremely grateful for the advice we were given. Particular thanks to Ray Newell for his advice regarding door seals and also to the chap who spoke to my dad about this too (sorry I didn't manage to catch your name!!)
Well done to Lou for her hard work....I've been there and I know how tiring it is!
Thanks again!!