White saloon in frozen fish box, fishtown of Usan(Montrose)

Found a Minor in a scrapyard? Let us all know about it and exactly where it can be found.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Truediamond
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

White saloon in frozen fish box, fishtown of Usan(Montrose)

Post by Truediamond »

We saw this G reg white saloon in an old frozen fish container at the harbour in Fishtown of Usan just outside Montrose. Apart from some rust along the side of the body where the red stripe should be it didn't look in too bad a state. The harbour would also be a goldmine to any tractor lovers out there with about 15 or so wrecked 1950s and 60s examples.<br>Image<br>
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

not knowing what you meant by 'frozen fish box' I was wondering what on earth this was going to be!

Anyway - well done for spotting the Minor and welcome to the forum...
Did you track down the owner and make an offer?? ;-)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
Truediamond
Minor Friendly

Post by Truediamond »

ray,
thanks for the welcome, there was noone about in the wonderfully named Fishtown of Usan when we passed by so no chance to follow up. There were several old freezer containers used for carrying fish littered about the place. Someone had obviously decided that one would make an ideal garage to protect the car from the salt atmosphere and had pushed it in, leaving the back open. Good luck to anyone who goes looking for the owner.
colin dickson
Minor Friendly

Re: White saloon in frozen fish box, fishtown of Usan(Montrose)

Post by colin dickson »

picked up on the morris ,but its not in a fish box now , had a chat with the owners son and told him i was interested in the car , the best bit is , he also has a traveller in the shed a bedford C A dormobile and countless austin sevens . if only i had room and cash thanks for the info will post you if he sells
cadetchris
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by cadetchris »

i dont suppose you got the owners details,i might be interested in one of the austin sevens
colin dickson
Minor Friendly

Post by colin dickson »

spoke to the owner at last , told me the car was promised to a a chap in fife who he had already taken a minor off him, the traveler i enquired about it has good wood he says and is needing £3500 i think the hens in the back come free. the owner is a Mr pullar who has the salmon fishings at fishtown of usan i dont have a number but could get if required .
colin dickson
Minor Friendly

Post by colin dickson »

I have at long last acquired the car its not quite a basket case , but is worth salvaging had to promise my wife that it was for her . any way heaps of thanks for making me aware of the car
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

Lets have some pics and keep us updated on your progress and remember if you need help or have questions this is the place to ask. :D
Truediamond
Minor Friendly

Post by Truediamond »

Wow! We're really pleased to have played a small part in getting this car back on the road where it belongs. The saloon didn't look as if it needed too much work, the other vehicles must have been well hidden. If there are ant tractor enthusiasts out there , this place was a goldmine for them too with several well rusted bits of kit which had obviously been used to haul boats in and out of the sea and then just discarded.
We hope you get as much pleasure from the car when it is fully renovated as we do from ours.
All the Best[frame]Image[/frame]
sanddancer

Post by sanddancer »

You mentioned the bloke having a gaggle of Austin 7's - we were toying with diving into the world of austineering - what sort of state were they in? Do you know if he wants to dispose of?

Thanks

Forgot to mention I'm just south of Montrose so not too far to go and have a shuftie!!