Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

PMs

Post by mike.perry »

I cannot get access to my PMs. My folders are full and it won't let me save any more or open the two new PMs. Can someone email (not PM!) me with easy to understand instructions please. It is no use using long words cause I am rubbish at understanding computers.
[sig]3580[/sig]
LouiseM

Re: PMs

Post by LouiseM »

Are there any old messages you can delete to free up some more space? The folders can only store so many messages before getting full and I frequently have to 'weed out' any old messages that are no longer needed.

There are boxes in a column to the right of each message. If you wish to delete any messages just click in the box adjacent to those particular messages.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a box in the bottom right hand corner with an arrow on. Click on this and select the option 'delete marked'.

Then click 'go' and all the messages that you have selected will be deleted.

If you don't have any messages that you want to delete you could 'copy & paste' them into a word document on your pc and then delete them from the folders.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Yes Mike, as Lou says, you need to delete some old ones to free up space for your new messages which are been "held" for you. The old board would auto delete when the pm box was full but the new board will hold them until you copy them somewhere else or delete them - much better IMHO
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Thanks for that, I am a professional horder so I hate deleting things. Nevertheless I shall have to be ruthless and clear out the old PMs.
[sig]3580[/sig]