Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
santadawes
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: South Wales Morris Minor Spring Run 2010

Post by santadawes »

WOW!!! Now that i have had time ro recover. It was ALL of You that made the day such a sucess. I had just organised it. I am most pleased with the turn out from you and you great looking cars, both Morris's and other classics, and the responce of the general public for their support. I am sorry Lou and John didn't quiet make it all the way round but with a little bit of planning we can arrange for you to do it all again on our branch chairman's tow rope(via the other secnic route) :lol: :lol:I hope everybody else made it home without incedent.
Thanks both for making it that far.
For everybody else please come back and enjoy the sceanic places that we visited at a more leasurely pace.South Wales has so many wondrefull places to visit. We (Julie) and myself will certanly be going back for more "Tea & Cake" or even a Meal at the Coach & Horses. if anyone else is thinking of doing the same please mention that you were with the Morris Minors and I am sure that they will be thrilled to have us back again.
After we Drew the raffle, we managed to raise £60 for the Welsh Air Ambulance. THANK YOU......

While we were stopping for "Tea & Cake" I managed to ask the land lady if she would pick a car that She felt was her favourite. She kindly came and had a look and after choosing her favourite, I asked if she could choose another as my car wasn't in it. :oops: She then chose Val & Tom Allen's 2dr saloon. Well done both. A little plaque was presented to them after the run at Raglan.

June 27th will be our branch "Fish & Chip Run" along the Vale of Glamorgan. This one is not organised by me but we will be there. I am sure that your all welcome to attend. Details will follow.

Now that's all the "Thank You's" & "Well Done's" are out of the way for those of you who managed to take photographs can we see some more :D

SteveandKelly
Minor Fan

Post by SteveandKelly »

Looking at these pictures are making us feel rather sad........ :cry: :cry: :cry: It looks like it was a grand day out for all.

MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

Here's the photos I took :D

[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

And a few more from me:[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Jon Rocke
alisondas

Post by alisondas »

I would like to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome on the run.The whole family thoroughly enjoyed the day even though we couldn't take our morris. Special thanks to everyone that allowed me and Geraint to share their cars for different parts of the run it was great fun, even the bit when we nearly crashed cos we were so busy waving back at the passers by! Our car is almost on the road now so we look forward to the next event with great excitement. I think David took some pics so I'll try and get them on here too,(not very good at that sort of thing, so don't hold your breath). Once again thanks for a brilliant day, Alison.
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Hi Alison Glad to see you on here.
Other events are in our area.
Sunday 30th Monday 31st Abergavenny
Saturday 5th June Newport City Centre.
Sunday 6th June Barry Island.
Sunday 14th Newport Tredegar House.
Saturday 19th. Swansea - Llargharen Run.
Sunday 20th Swansea Show
Saturday 26th Chepstow Carnival
Sunday 27th Branch Fish & Chip Run
More to follow