deleted

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cammy-p
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: 1958 split screen

Post by cammy-p »

Good news folks "Egor" is in fact who he is supposed to be ...
Everthing has come back clear on him , he was a export hence the late registration of 1958 ....
Big thank you to you Louise for your hard work and assistance on finding out about "Egors" late registerd date of 58 , turns out he was originally a 1954 car exported around dec 54 then returned to the uk 1958 giving him a 58 date of registration , your star .... :wink:
Last edited by cammy-p on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is "Ruby" ..
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

The back seat may not fit properly because it's from a later minor ('64 onwards) the correct one for your car should have a slightly rounded top to the back rest, Nice car and as you say just a bit of tinkering will get it looking great. Steal at that price too :D !

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
cammy-p
Minor Fan

Post by cammy-p »

Thanks for the message , i had trouble getting the rear seat to fit in but got there , i had a complete set of early seats in red which sat in my garage for ages gave them away , they were the proper red high backed leather ones to fit that car , i also sold on the spare engine and box i had to a m8 , if only i had kept them a tad longer :-? ...
Its just typical of me to do that , i fear "Egors" days are numberd , engine is about to give up , i will continue to use him in my local area and back forth to work untill his engine stops , fingers crossed i can pick up a good replacement engine before he expires in a cloud of smoke oil water ..lol... :wink:
This is "Ruby" ..
cammy-p
Minor Fan

Udate ...

Post by cammy-p »

Hi folks thought i should updat you on whats been happening with "Egor,s" progress ,i spent a few hours on him today took out all his carpets underlay .
I gave the floor pans a good scrape off with a big old flat ended screw driver , found a few surprises , few holes ..
The list is as follows , see pics ..[frame]Image[/frame]
Thats the rear N/S floor pan rotten ,although plated from underneath first pic ...[frame]Image[/frame]
O/S rear floor pan ok , just surface rust[frame]Image[/frame]
Thats the N/S front floor pan , again ok just surface rust , one or too small pin holes on the gear box cover but thats it ..[frame]Image[/frame]
O/S front drivers floor pan again good just surface rust ...[frame]Image[/frame]
This panel has some rot on it but appears to have been plated on the rear , wont know till the front wings are off ...[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
This box section under the back seat , floor section again rotten ...[frame]Image[/frame]
The inner wings and bulk all seem to be rot free , pic also shows how bad his wires are , just a jumble ...[frame]Image[/frame]
So as you can see his wires are a nightmare , ive had to put him off the road due to the rot on the floor and his dodgy wires , he had his last trip today prior to stripping the floor pans ...
Next job is to get the 4 kick plates : off to view both side box sections ,i can weld but due to the amount of work im going to get a local welder who knows his stuff to take on the work , replacing the rotten panels with nice new ones , i will take pics as he does the work , although he is fully booked till after July ...
So i will keep you all posted and in the mean time i will get "Egor" up on the ramps and have a good poke around see what other rot i can find , take some underbody shots of him .... :wink:
This is "Ruby" ..
cammy-p
Minor Fan

Re: 1958 split screen ? ....

Post by cammy-p »

Sadly i have had to put him up for sale as i wont have the time to start work on him , so he can with luck find a new home with someone that will have the time to complete him and return him back to his former glory ...
Cam .
This is "Ruby" ..