restoring interior of traveller

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
davetaylor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

restoring interior of traveller

Post by davetaylor »

Over the past four months I have been restoring a 1971 traveller. Now all body work is complete new wood all round going on this week. Now for some help....... most of the interior had been ripped out and much is missing. So I need to fit rear seats and cant understand how. Has anyone photos of rear seating area or can I get any instructions.Its really the back of seat , what and how does this go together.
Thanks Dave
PS will post photos shortly.
Kevin

Re: restoring interior of traveller

Post by Kevin »

Hi Dave do these help at all
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
davetaylor
Minor Friendly

Post by davetaylor »

Thanks for photos thats a great help.I bought the trafalgar blue traveller earlier this year it was a bit of a wreck. Now replaced inner and outer sills new steel front wings, rear side panels both sides. Seats have been sent off for recovering in leather and a full respray I am just completing replacement of all the exterior wood .most of the interior had been ripped out and thrown away so as this is my first traveller its beeen difficult.
Can you tell me should there be rear arm rests?
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

Yes there should be armrests to the rear. They are part of the side panel trim and I think for 1971 would be the later style.
davetaylor
Minor Friendly

Post by davetaylor »

The trials and tribulations of restoration seem endless. I have now completed most of the exterior work on my traveller but still need your help. Am about to fit some guttering to roof does this go under the roof or on top of roof?