Winners of the 2011 Inter-Branch Challenge
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mr_Moggie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Terror on the 1st June

Post by Mr_Moggie »

Plin wrote:Glad that you and your Mum were ok, but what a nasty incident.

Have to say I hate going to MK and I always seem to get lost on my way home! I know it's supposedly a logical road set-up but I don't go there often enough to familiarize myself and so never seem to find the same route home as I have taken before! Too many junctions and roundabouts!!

Do contact the Council though - with photo evidence; it is a pain but they should be made aware of it (and you could ask for some recompense though I doubt you will get any) if only to rectify it and save some other poor motorist from the same fate.

Hope your lovely car will soon be sorted and as you say fortunately it is one of lifes lessons and thankfully did not involve injuries.
Thank you :-).

I have to say, I agree with you about MK, it's a pain to drive around by the looks of it (I haven't had a chance to get around there - I only just got my Provisional Ins. on Tuesday :-)). I'll just let the insurance sort the accident out, we have been recently so it should all be in order :P .

scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

scotwood59 wrote:
If the traffice lights were covered by the tree is that the Council's fault?
Sorry I didn't mean that how it sounded.

I meant that if the tree was covering up the lights should the Council be responsible and therefore compensate you? Long shot I know!!!
George
Mr_Moggie
Minor Friendly

Post by Mr_Moggie »

scotwood59 wrote:
scotwood59 wrote:
If the traffice lights were covered by the tree is that the Council's fault?
Sorry I didn't mean that how it sounded.

I meant that if the tree was covering up the lights should the Council be responsible and therefore compensate you? Long shot I know!!!
I suppose, but our insurance is covering the costs of repairs, but I agree, they should be responsible, ideally they should have a road safety inspector look at it from the view of driving down the main road, it's fairly difficult to see, but assuming that my mum couldn't see it, then yes, they should sort it out :-).