transmision issues

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
gyro
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

transmision issues

Post by gyro »

i found a Ztec engine, but what transmission can be used, this is out of a front wheel drive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-ZETE ... 231b16f623
If it isn't broken, don't fix it
morrisfixer
Minor Fan

Re: transmision issues

Post by morrisfixer »

A type 9 ford sierra gearbox bolts straight up to the engine. You also need go change the sump and clutch and flywheel. Also you need to change the thermostat for a retro ford . I've got a ford focus ST170 engine and type 9 box in my Morris :D

Stevie

Edward92
Minor Friendly

Post by Edward92 »

Isn't the ST rwd? How difficult is the zetec conversion? and what sort've power are you getting?
morrisfixer
Minor Fan

Post by morrisfixer »

Hi, the focus st170 is fwd. But it's easily converted to rwd, the standard engine puts out about 170bhp but with bike carbs it'll go close to 200bhp!! And it'll rev to 8000rpm! :o As for fitting it into a Morris it's about the same as fitting a fiat twincam. My full conversion is on the forum Morrisowners.co.uk And I've posted it on YouTube under Morris Minor st170

Stevie

charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

I take my hat off to you fitting the zetec but fitting the fiat twin cam does not involve cutting the cross member, also you do not have to change the carb to bike carbs so is it really about the same? apart from that great looking car..
morrisfixer
Minor Fan

Post by morrisfixer »

Thanks, If the thermostate was in a different place on the Zetec you wouldn't have to cut the crossmember. As for the bike carbs I fitted them because the oringinal injection system is huge and wouldn't fit in because of the servo :lol: Plus you'll get extra bhp and it sounds great :lol: :lol:

Stevie