Anyone know of this one?

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!
MMOC Member: No

Anyone know of this one?

Post by chesney »

Hi all,
I discovered the following pics from this site (http://www.norfolkstreetcruisers.co.uk/Morris1000-3.htm) of my resto project Yasmin (YAS 610). It seems she was 'known' in the Norfolk area. Here are some pics
These are the pics from the site, I don't know when or where (exactly) they were taken.
Here she is in the condition I got her in
While it doesn't look it, they are without a doubt the same car (Promise!!)
It just occurred to me that there are people on this forum who live in Norfolk and who know of customs, so if you have seen this in a car show in the past or something similar then please do get in touch as I would like to restore her to her previous condition, but may need more than two pics to do so! I know it's a long shot but you never know ;)
Thanks in advance.
Jack.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Anyone know of this one?

Post by bmcecosse »

Oh dear.....looks better now than it did then! :roll:
ImageImage
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Each to their own..
What if I told you it had Wolseley brakes and a 12G940 head?? :lol:
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I would be embarrassed to drive about in it as it used to look...........I would get into trouble if I said what it looks like...... :oops: But - as you say - each to their own! :cry: :roll:
ImageImage
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Well, it will never be standard. It has a new floor, vinyl roof, Aries etc etc so as far as I can my decision (since it is my car) is to restore it to the spec that someone devised, to make it that little bit different. I'm not gonna stick a V8 in it, it doesn't sit 2mm from the floor and it is just a standard car with a few mod cons like a radio and wide wheels.. So why not? It will be ten times more difficult to return it to standard that to return it to its previous condition. I am a student y'know :roll: and I don't have a huge pile of cash to do whatever I want..
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

:lol: I would be more enthusiastic if it did have a V8 in it... Good luck with it! It's just not MY taste - but yes - it is YOUR car.
ImageImage
ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Vinyl roof = awesome
Banded steels, yes
Smooth boot is nice and clean.

Your car so just do what ever the hell you want. I even like the matt grey paint/ primer 8)
Bash's Speed Shop
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Now you know where your steering wheels going :lol:
The banded steels are a bit more difficult as I sold them to fund the resto :( May have to ask for them back :lol:
patricklambert
Minor Fan

Post by patricklambert »

nice car!
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Vinyl Roof! :D :D

Exactly what I want for mine - even the right colour. I don't suppose you know where it came from?

Jon Rocke
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Did a google search and this company can make vinyl roofs to fit any car, in quite a few different colours: http://www.littleportboathaven.co.uk/ca ... 20kits.htm

Might be worth a call, although aren't they supposed to be a bit of a rust trap?

Eric - 1971 Traveller
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

I had it in mind as a cover for the rust that's already there :cry:

Jon Rocke
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Well in that case it will work well as it will trap all the existing rust and stop it dropping on the floor :)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
chesney
Minor Legend

Post by chesney »

Apologies for the late reply..
I know as much about the car as you do, I have spent hours trawling through rodsnsods, pistonheads, retrorides etc to no avail. I even tried some sort of program that you upload a pic to and it will search for where that pic is on the web (like google images in reverse). Looks like not much more will come of it :(.
It will be getting the vinyl roof back on it, will have to do some research on getting one.
Can't say they 'trap rust', to be honest the very middle of the roof is the only bit that has no rust :lol:. Apparently a pain to keep clean though..
Cheers Pat!
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

I've had 2 minors with vinyl roofs. The first one which probably had the roof on for 10 years was rusty over the entire roof and took weeks to sort to my satisfaction prior to a respray. The second is Astral Traveller which has had a vinyl roof on since 1974 until I removed it a short while ago. The roof was rusty at the edges, but just surface rust, whilst the rest was good.
I do know that vinyl roofs are really difficult to get just right, and obviously will last dependant on the care taken and material used. When I restore Astral Traveller, I'll be painting the roof white rather than redo the vinyl.
I couldn't believe that the glue on Astral Traveller's roof was still flexible after all these years.
Incidentally, I was going to get a vinyl roof fitted to my mm series minor when I was an entrant in the Kelvin Hall custom show back in the early 80's, but the company which promised to demo the fitting at the show reneged as they said it would be too difficult. That was all I needed to know if a professional company didn't want the job.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
GDL
Minor Friendly

Post by GDL »

I love the original look. Way forward if you ask me, de-bumper, rod and lower together with good brakes and a quick lump. :P

Bring it on, and good luck with the resto, keep the picture coming.

old mogs = future rods