Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
tufty
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Sit up-ons

Post by tufty »

Help I have sort of decided to try the JOGLE in 2005 but, it does mean a round trip of approximatly 2300 miles. Southampton To JOG, JOG-LE, LE to Southampton. Thing is I will need to change the seats me thinks. Can anyone give me ideas as to the various seats that will fit I know about Newton Seats I have heard that metro seats can be fitted is this myth or fact. I intend to complete the run for charity(Marie Curie). I hope you can help. :roll:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have heard that metro seats can be fitted is this myth or fact.
Yes they fit fine you just need the base units (unless you can make your own) Newton will seeyou them or one of the other Minor Centres, just make sure the seats come from a 2 door metro (thats why the mg ones are so popular) if you have a 2 Door car so that still retain the tilt facility, 3 series volvo seats are also an option although you will have to make your own bases.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

You might try seats from a rover 200 or 400. Some of these look identical to late Metro seats. I shall be looking for some leather Rover Coupe turbo seats as and when I find a suitable Moggy.
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Volvo seats would be my choice after having had a Volvo 440 with the semi bucket seats - they were the most comfortable seat i've ever had in any car for long journeys (and I've driven long journeys in over a dozen types of Modern car)
Volvo 480's were 2 door so would have the tilt mechanism and are more frequently found in scrap yards than on the road.