Things that make you go AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MyLulu
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Things that make you go AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Post by MyLulu »

People who clearly don't know how wide their car is, so drive in the middle of the road.

Funny how peoples' attitudes change, depending on what car you have. I still have my Morris 1000, and had an old Toyota Landcruiser (for work/practicality), and am currently using a Nissan Micra. I found myself to be invisable on the road in both the Morris and Micra :roll:
"What's this, and where does it go?"
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

chesney wrote:Drivers that, having been legitimately overtaken by me in my Morris, have a personal vendetta to drive an inch behind my bumper and overtake with no courtesy to myself or other traffic!!
Not forgetting car drivers who turn corners like they're coupled to a 44ft
trailer.

Driver's seem so aggressive and angry these days.

I have my moments, but generally I have a chuckle to myself.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Boomlander
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Boomlander »

SUV "drivers" who, having bought the vehicle, have no idea how to operate it on the roads or in a car park.
They swerve along gripping the wheel like a drowning man with a lifebelt without a clue as to how wide their vehicle is or how high off the ground.
To allow people like this on the road in a powerful machine without rudimentary training in road craft is beyond belief.
I would not let them loose with a hoop and stick let alone a motor vehicle!! :evil:

leafie

Post by leafie »

People who sit at traffic lights with there foot on the brake blinding the driver behind. A few weeks ago I was at a set of lights on a flat road and all eight cars in front had their brake lights on.
Last edited by leafie on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

leafie wrote:People who site at traffic lights with there foot on the brake blinding the driver behind. A few weeks ago I was at a set of lights on a flat road and all eight cars in front had their brake lights on.
Another example of Lazy B@st@rd Syndrome - Much less work to sit with your flat foot resting on the brake pedal than to actually put the mobile phone or cigarette down and use the damned HANDBRAKE!!!! :evil:

minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

Apart from all the comments already made which I can agree with. 2 things that :evil: me is. Drivers who sit at a junction on a yellow xxx box, especially the same drivers that I see doing it everytime and block everyone. Also drivers sitting at a junction or red light who sit and ride the clutch, knowing they are going to be there for quite a while. Can anyone smell burnt clutch, is the handbrake so hard to use ??

morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

I was behind a Land Rover tonight at some traffic lights and they were red and the Land Rover could not wait the lights to change to green so jumped the the red light.Never any police around when you want them, as at the same set of lights a car nearly crashed into me and the car in front of me when a car jumped the lights :evil:

MyLulu
Minor Friendly

Post by MyLulu »

Boomlander wrote:SUV "drivers" who, having bought the vehicle, have no idea how to operate it on the roads or in a car park.
They swerve along gripping the wheel like a drowning man with a lifebelt without a clue as to how wide their vehicle is or how high off the ground.
To allow people like this on the road in a powerful machine without rudimentary training in road craft is beyond belief.
I would not let them loose with a hoop and stick let alone a motor vehicle!! :evil:
Yep :-) as I said, I had one until recently, and used it on and off road for my other job and hobby, pure practicality, and doing what it was designed to do. If you're going to buy a 4x4, use it properly, not as a Chelsea Tractor, where the only time it goes off road is to go on the driveway. :evil:
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

Idiots who can't seem to get the simple sequence - MIRROR, SIGNAL, MANOUEVER in the correct order!!
Example: Bonehead in Audi in front of us - suddenly slams on brakes - swerves right into side road - indicator then blinks twice as he sheepishly realises he almost caused a collision with me and oncoming traffic and then has the nerve to wave his thanks that other drivers were able to compensate for his utter stupidity!!! :evil:
Oh for a Morris Minor with bonnet mounted railgun!

MyLulu
Minor Friendly

Post by MyLulu »

Boomlander wrote:Oh for a Morris Minor with bonnet mounted railgun!
oh yes! >:-) (debates Bond-esq adaptions)
MyLulu
Minor Friendly

Post by MyLulu »

and rust. I hate rust.
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

SIDELIGHTS!!! why do people INSIST on driving in fog/rain/murky conditions in a car which is usually one of the 50 shades of Grey with ONLY their sidelights on?? Does it cost more money to flip the switch forward one extra notch and light up those big old power guzzling headlamps? Are you actually saving energy and going about your business in a 'greener' fashion by running only NAAFI candles instead of lights that actually show where you are on the road? SOMEBODY please tell me why we need sidelights at all :evil:

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Cars which do not even have a spare wheel, let alone a space saver wheel. I am supposed to squirt some magic stuff into the tyre valve and hey presto I can complete my 200 mile overnight journey.
Why are indicators incorporated in the headlight cluster so you cannot see the b@@@@y thing flashing until the last moment?
[sig]3580[/sig]
Hubert
Minor Friendly

Post by Hubert »

German classic car enthusiasts who think that Morris Minors are "very similar to VW Beetles".

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

brucek wrote:SOMEBODY please tell me why we need sidelights at all :evil:
They are pretty useful if you happen to be parked in an 'awkward' position in the fog or at dusk, say. Or if your battery is too flat to power the headlamps! :wink:
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

Finding your nice set of brand new Old English White wheels erupting in rust spots with the paint literally falling off in large flakes and no sign of a primer coat underneath........
THANKS A BLOODY MILLION WELL KNOWN SUPPLIER !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

brucek wrote:SIDELIGHTS!!! why do people INSIST on driving in fog/rain/murky conditions in a car which is usually one of the 50 shades of Grey with ONLY their sidelights on??
A lot of newer cars have daylight running lights and unless owners choose to disable them they stay on all the time. So probably more a case of drivers not thinking to turn any lights on rather than just choosing to turn on the sidelights.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

LouiseM wrote:A lot of newer cars have daylight running lights and unless owners choose to disable them they stay on all the time. So probably more a case of drivers not thinking to turn any lights on rather than just choosing to turn on the sidelights.
I can live with the running lights that some moderns have, Louise, as the nature of the LED bulbs do actually do a better job than the older sidelights. My beef is with the fact that it takes a conscious decision NOT to switch your lights fully on - I mean, why would you have the thought pattern that says "Mmm I think i may need to turn my lights on - but not fully - just a little bit!!" you actually have to stop yourself going to main headlights WHY when the point of having them on is so others can see you clearly?? either you want your light ON or you don't!!
Chipper wrote:They are pretty useful if you happen to be parked in an 'awkward' position in the fog or at dusk, say. Or if your battery is too flat to power the headlamps!
I do take the point made by chipper but again, many of todays moderns have fully functioning hazard flashers that are far more effective than the side lights AND many have a handy hazard warning triangle nicely tucked in the boot.

OK I think I need to take my medication again - I'm starting to sound a bit like someone else...... :oops:

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Trouble with people using headlights is they're normally out of adjustment. So what's worse, sidelights or being momentarily blinded? :-?

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Automatic lights/wipers?

Is a simple ON/OFF switch REALLY too complicated?!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!