Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

2014 Barnsley Branch Rally - Elsecar Heritage Museum

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Just thought I would post you all some pictures of the 2014 Barnsley rally, the rain held off and it was very well attended with some interesting and very rare cars.

Highlights were for me, the fantastic range of Travellers that showed up, quite a few Series 2s of all kinds, good commercial display, the campervan was there, as was a Danish panel van (may have be a replica, sorry I didn't have to view it), low light in bright red, and some lovely people that I got to say hello too, wish I could have spent another couple of hours there.

Enjoy the pictures, if anybody would like full size originals P.M. your email address[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Anyway, I'm sorry if these are not your cars, but I did like the R reg Traveller and the Cute little Series 2 2dr, both looked like nice original cars.[frame]Image[/frame]

But 'star of the show' for me just had to be the gorgeous Series 2 Traveller with a lovely platina sporting a 1275 MG engine and uprated brakes with a very interesting and subtle rear LED light upgrade. Very well executed.[frame]Image[/frame]

There was also a fantastic turn out of Morris Oxfords and a few other interesting cars, of those I liked the early Truimph Herald. Maybe next year I'll have my own car to display. :D

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
brucek
Minor Addict

Re: 2014 Barnsley Branch Rally - Elsecar Heritage Museum

Post by brucek »

Excellent rally - well done Barnsley branch MMOC - weather was very kind, great to see/meet lots of people and the many side attractions were well worth a look too. :-)

Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

Again congratulations to the Barnsley club for arranging the day, had a great day out, a nice drive in the minor and saw some fantastic cars. It was just a shame the Newcomen Beam Engine wasn't open to see. But it was a great venue with loads to see.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

If you like your steam engines, you should see the one they've got in the Kelam Island Museum in the centre of Sheffield. Amazing to see it running.

Richard, The Issigonis Kid
John C
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by John C »

Here's a snap from Barnsley yesterday. That's our pick-up...[frame]Image[/frame]

leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

My first visit, great venue and my car in a picture too :D
moggylowlight
Minor Friendly

Post by moggylowlight »

More pictures of the Barnsley Rally on the potteries MMOC web site thanks to Cam.

Sidevalve upper limits