Value of converted saloon

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
oscar225
MMOC Member: No

Value of converted saloon

Post by oscar225 »

Hi apologies if this thread is a bit of a repetition but generally how much less should a converted saloon sell for compared to a comparable (condition wise) genuine convertible.
regards Chris
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Value of converted saloon

Post by ManyMinors »

At the end of the day it is worth what somebody will pay for it and some buyers will not want a "conversion" at all . My own convertible is a converted saloon and when I bought it some years ago, I would have prefered an original. However, it was in good condition with none of the patched up welding so often seen and the asking price was about 75% of that for original convertibles I'd seen - which were not all in such good condition. That was why I bought it and it has proved a good, trouble-free car. When I come to sell it, the same will apply - it will not be worth as much as an original one.

As a rough rule of thumb I would say that if you take the average value of a good Minor saloon and the average value of a good genuine convertible then halfway between the two lies the value of a good converted saloon?
oscar225

Re: Value of converted saloon

Post by oscar225 »

Thanks for the wise words many minors, the fact its converted doesnt really bother me either just trying to gauge some kind of value.