Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Mobile Phone Holder

Post by ampwhu »

i stick my sat nav/phone holder over the speedo when i'm driving.

who wants to be looking at a speedo anyway when driving. they are never right.
Owlsman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Owlsman »

My mobile/sat nav device sits on the passenger seat most of the time. Been married to her for 50 years next year.......and I still haven't found the volume control or the mute button yet :D
wilson02

Post by wilson02 »

plg422d wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:38 am I was wondering what people use for holding there mobile phone 9iphone) in their Morris. I guess a windscreen suction device is the easiest but wondered if anyone else has any good solutions? TIA
ps Photo would be helpful.
Certainly! Besides windshield mounts, people often use vent mounts, dashboard mounts, magnetic mounts, or even phone holders that clip onto the car's air vents. It ultimately depends on personal preference and the design of the car's interior.
Guildbass
Minor Friendly

Post by Guildbass »

i haven't got a door on my driver's side 'glove box' so i was thinking my phone satnav could sit in there on its long side....
kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

A magnetic mount on a piece of plywood or something similar should sit nicely in there with out the need to make any holes etc.

I do find now that having google maps up can be quite a safety benefit especialy in an area I don't know, it shows you topology of the road ahead, any traffic you re likely to encounter and the speed limits.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by geoberni »

kevin s wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:21 am A magnetic mount on a piece of plywood or something similar should sit nicely in there with out the need to make any holes etc.

I do find now that having google maps up can be quite a safety benefit especialy in an area I don't know, it shows you topology of the road ahead, any traffic you re likely to encounter and the speed limits.
Don't trust the Speed Limits on Google maps, I was recently travelling the A43 from Northampton to the A1 and the stretch from Corby, to where it crossed the A47, it was very confused as to the correct limit, erroneously showing 50 when it should have been 60 and vice versa. :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

Tinasminor
Minor Friendly

Post by Tinasminor »

plg422d wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:38 am I was wondering what people use for holding there mobile phone 9iphone) in their Morris. I guess a windscreen suction device is the easiest but wondered if anyone else has any good solutions? TIA
ps Photo would be helpful.
Bet you wished you never asked now,lol.
kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

geoberni wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:02 pm
kevin s wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:21 am A magnetic mount on a piece of plywood or something similar should sit nicely in there with out the need to make any holes etc.

Don't trust the Speed Limits on Google maps, I was recently travelling the A43 from Northampton to the A1 and the stretch from Corby, to where it crossed the A47, it was very confused as to the correct limit, erroneously showing 50 when it should have been 60 and vice versa. :roll:
yes there are many places it gest it wrong but at least it's something, my modern car does all the reading of speed signs etc but that still gets confused by signs obscured by plants and the ones on the back of trucks, makes you woder what self driving cars will do!