Perspective

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Perspective

Post by simmitc »

We have steered clear of this topic, and I an cautious about posting it; but I think that it is something that cannot be ignored. If you reply, then please bear in mind the forum rules.

I went shopping earlier. There was no lemon cheesecake in either of our local supermarkets. Filling the tank on the Traveller cost more than it ever has before.

When I got home, the house was still standing. The road had not been bombed, my neighbours had not been tortured and executed. There were no mass graves. Clean water came out of the taps. There were no foreign soldiers trying to wipe my country off the map.

Cheesecake and the cost of petrol. What the hell have I got to moan about? If you believe in a God, then pray for Ukraine.
King Kenny
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Perspective

Post by King Kenny »

You are so right. I was just looking at our smart meeter thinking the same thoughts as you. I would rather pay more just to defeat that ************ .
1969 Traveller in Almond green. Owned since 1979.
nutmegct
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by nutmegct »

+1
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

My feelings exactly, we should count our blessings every day, the positive ones greatly outweigh the negative ones.
Take care everyone.
South Yorkshire
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

Yes, yes I agree of course that we are very fortunate to live in the UK. Of course our problems are nothing compared to that of some of our fellow human beings (or those of our parents/grandparents). That said we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be financially mugged on the basis that “…well, it’s not as bad as living in a war zone.”

And Ukraine, as appalling as it is, isn’t the only place in the world atrocities are being committed. In Burma, just one example, unarmed civilians have been getting murdered by the army and it’s been met with almost complete international silence and zero media coverage.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Well, its all relative, isn't it? Of course, we are very lucky compared to many others who are much less fortunate but, on the other hand, this country has gone right down the pan compared to what it used to be even 20 years ago, and there are many here right now living in abject poverty. They are not worrying about whether they can get cheesecake or not, its a choice between eat or heat. Nor can they even afford a car, let alone worry about the cost of putting petrol in it.....don't believe for a minute things are going to get any better for a long time to come (if they ever do). Remember the Decline and Fall of Rome? That's where we are heading :(
I agree with 'MorrisJohn'.
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Might as well nail my colours to the mast
Adolf Putin.jpg
Adolf Putin.jpg (37.62 KiB) Viewed 465 times
John ;-)