MGH 236D - can you help me find Jemima?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jem66mog
MMOC Member: No

MGH 236D - can you help me find Jemima?

Post by jem66mog »

Good afternoon,

I am hoping that someone in the MMOC community might be able to help me locate my late mum’s Morris Minor 1000 saloon, MGH 236D (“Jemima”). Jemima was known to MMOC until 2016 and the publicly available DVLA and MOT information gives me some hope that she may still be on the road (or not far from it).

My parents purchased Jemima from a nurse in Malmesbury, Wiltshire in the 1970s, as a reliable daily driver for my mum. She remained in the family until – as I recall – the early to mid-1990s, when she was sold to an enthusiast from the Bath or Bristol area, in the hope that she would receive a new lease of life.

Jemima’s new owner carried out a full restoration, including a respray from her original Dove Grey to Old English White, and – true to his word – he was kind enough to return to show us the fruits of his labour. My recent rediscovery of a photograph of Jemima from that day has spurred me on to try to track her down.

If any member can provide further information about MGH 236D and, in particular, shed any light on where she is now, I would be delighted. I have lovely childhood memories of travelling with Mum in her Morris, and I would love to think that, 40-something years later, Jemima is still pootling along a country road somewhere!