YNK 622K

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Richard Garratt
MMOC Member: No

YNK 622K

Post by Richard Garratt »

Hello, I'm trying to trace my old Traveller reg YNK 622K. Anyone seen her? I understand that this would be one of the last Travellers registered (September 1971). According to the web, the tax expired in circa 1995 and the last logbook was issued 1990.
Thanks, Richard
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: YNK 622K

Post by simmitc »

You've obviously checked the DVLA site, but you could also ask the MMOC office whether the club has a record of the owner. Regretfully, after 25+ years the car is probably scrapped, but it's always worth asking.
Richard Garratt
MMOC Member: No

Post by Richard Garratt »

Thank you. I asked Charles Ware and team and they had not record. Can I just email the MMOC? What’s the best method of contacting them? Many thanks, Richard
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

My car sat in my garage untaxed (SORN) and off the road for 26 years so it is not impossible that your old car is hiding somewhere but it is unlikely. Unfortunately it was probably too big and expensive a job to repair for whoever owned it. If your car has gone you can rest assured that the parts are probably spread around quite a few Minors on the road today.
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Richard, see https://www.mmoc.org.uk/ and scroll to the bottom to see all contact details. Good luck.