Gvv 92f - 1967 2 door 1098

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
l888sjw
MMOC Member: Yes

Gvv 92f - 1967 2 door 1098

Post by l888sjw »

Hi, new to the MMOC and thus this forum.

I’m keen to learn any history re the above vehicle. Recently purchased from a classic car auction in North Yorkshire. The only thing I really know is that it was renovated to a very high standard in 2013-14 with many supporting photos and remains much the same. I’ve checked all the usual places but can find very little. Any info much appreciated
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Re: Gvv 92f - 1967 2 door 1098

Post by MCYorks »

l888sjw wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:41 pm Hi, new to the MMOC and thus this forum.

I’m keen to learn any history re the above vehicle. Recently purchased from a classic car auction in North Yorkshire. The only thing I really know is that it was renovated to a very high standard in 2013-14 with many supporting photos and remains much the same. I’ve checked all the usual places but can find very little. Any info much appreciated
Welcome to the club and the forum :)

Researching vehicle history seems to have become increasingly difficult over the last few years, mainly due to 'data protection' issues. I assume you've already been in touch with the previous keeper when you purchased the car? That's usually the first port of call.
The DVLA would have originally provided you with a 'keeper history' on request, as part of a fee paying enquiry. Unfortunately, they won't provide this anymore for various reasons, but that's another topic.

It looks like the same auction house sold this vehicle back in March this year. They would probably have the keepers details and a copy of V5C on record from that sale. Whether they will provide you with that information is a different matter, but no harm in asking I suppose. If not, then maybe they would forward your contact details to the previous keeper & if you're lucky they'll get in touch.

Going further back, VV is a Northampton registration mark. You could try contacting the Northamptonshire Record Office. They may hold some details from the first registration, but no guarantee.

Hopefully someone on the forum will recognise the car and can provide you with some additional history.

Good luck.
l888sjw

Re: Gvv 92f - 1967 2 door 1098

Post by l888sjw »

Hi

Many thanks for the response. Yes, it was sold back in March. I’ve spoken to the auction house who aren’t able to contact the owner who sold in March as he has sadly passed away. I have 400 pictures of the complete renovation which appears to have been undertaken in a very large workshop. Whether it was the owners or a business who did the work it’s hard to say