Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Front Seats

Post by Blaketon »

Are late model front seats the same both sides? My Traveller came with odd seats (One NC Suffolk and one standard) and the passenger seat is good. I am looking to fit one of the folding passenger seats (That can be folded into the footwell) and to move the existing seat to the driver's side. I have seen some folding seats advertised but some look like they come with runners. I understood that Minor seats (At least two door) were all like old Mini seats, where they tipped forward and when you adjusted them, front to back, the back "Legs" slid on runners on the carpet. I know that my later Minis had a device to stop the front seats tipping forward in an accident, so I thought I could apply this mod to the Minor seats and also add some MGB or Midget head restraints (I have a couple of Midgets and a BGT V8, so am familiar with the set up).

In case anyone is wondering why I don't just buy another Suffolk seat, NC have altered the design, so I'd still have odd seats!!! I also feel the NC base is a bit obtrusive to rear seat passengers. However I could get around that and have tried to get a spare old style Suffolk passenger but without success.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Front Seats

Post by ManyMinors »

Late model Minor 1000 seats are not the same each side because only the driver's seat is adjustable. Up until late 1964 the passenger seat on 2door models folded as well as tipping forward to allow better access to the rear.