Deleting posts

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Deleting posts

Post by Bill_qaz »

How do you delete a post you have made, I can't see anything in edit and cannot remove all the words, you have to leave something :wink: .
Regards Bill
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Deleting posts

Post by philthehill »

Bill
Unless I am missing a trick that is how I find the system. No ability to remove a duplicated or post you do not want to show.
All you can do is delete everything and type 'duplicate post' as you have to leave something.
Before this latest web upgrade you could apply to a moderator to remove the post but that seems to have now gone.
Phil

Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Thanks Phil, thought I was missing something. Had a senior moment today and clicked quote instead of edit, so put same post 3 times DOH :roll:
Or maybe I was off track :lol:
Regards Bill
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

If you want a mod to delete a post then just report it with the reason and we'll do our best. The system will prevent post deletion if there are already replies in the topic. The minimum number of characters was introduced, quote from the tech support forum: "to stop pointless comments such as LOL". I can't trace any setting to request a deletion, but, as I said, report the post and we'll do the deed. Hope that helps.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Thanks for the response, it wasn't important enough to bother a moderator, it was just accidental duplication so just amended them. :tu1:
Regards Bill