Nuts and Bolts

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
CMee
MMOC Member: Yes

Nuts and Bolts

Post by CMee »

I'm at the early stages of reviving my 1968 Traveller and am beginning to strip things down before it goes for chassis welding and I'm drawing up a shopping list.

I have a good idea what panels and repair sections I'll need, it's the nuts and bolts that I'm not so sure about with the Minor having a mixture of UNF, UNC, BSF, probably some BSP and who knows what other threads.

Is there a catalogue or directory available anywhere that identifies all the different nuts, bolts and screws used on Minors? Over the years, rather a lot of nuts and bolt sets have been replaced with whatever I had in the workshop rather than the 'official' OEM fixing.

ESM seem to have most of the fixings, they just don't always identify the location, so "Set Screw - 1/4" BSF x 3/4"" doesn't help me. I think that's what I'll need for attaching the Kick Plate Finishing Rails, I'd just like to be sure as the ones I've just cut off were longer screws that I had to hand when I did some work 20 years or more ago. The Moss catalogue can be helpful as, even if they don't have the part available, they usually have a part number that can be googled - but not for every fixing, such as the ones I mention here. These particular screws aren't critical, but, as I get further into the job dealing with captive nuts, a definitive list would be useful.

Colin
taupe
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Nuts and Bolts

Post by taupe »

There is a list at the top of the mechanical section.....Heading is Thread Sizes :D :D

Taupe
CMee
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Nuts and Bolts

Post by CMee »

Thanks Taupe, Islipminor, H Davy and Bigginger

That's exactly what I was after. It also explains why my 7/8"AF spanner was such a sloppy fit on my bumper nuts.

List duly copied and saved for future reference, I'll be referring to it quite a lot I think.

Many Thanks

Colin